- Some Normies know this stuff too

Some Normies know this stuff too

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?

Some Normies know this stuff too

Postby 918gma » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:23 pm

I was rolling in my own poop one day at work. Whining about why me and all that sick stuff we do when our heads aren't where there belong and my supervisor made a comment that shook me to my boots.

There's a reason you're going through this girl. Some day some where some body is going to need your experience and you are going to save them from a lot of grief by telling them what you know.

Needless to say I stoped whining.
918gma

Postby crickit » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:58 am

Funny, I think that way all the time. When I can't do it for myself I think of someone coming in after me and do it for them. I think of all the people I would let down. Maybe it's the caregiver in me, I don't know, but when I get to wondering 'why I'm doing this' and I'm at the 'I can't do this' stage, I do it for the newcomers coming in. Someday, someone will want what I have.

BB
Crickit
xxoo
crickit

where r u?

Postby Tina L. » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:21 am

crickit where r u? u used to write a lot and share a lot. i hope u are well.

tina xoxoxo
Tina L.

Postby crickit » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi Everyone; Sorry I haven't posted in a while. As usual, my life is all upside right now. My second sister passed away from Cancer in May after 2 years of treatments. The last couple of months were spent looking after her. Between that, and packing, trying to look after my health. and still getting to as many meetings as I can, my cart has been full. I've applied for subsidized housing and am waiting for a spot to come available. Things here have become unbarable because my husband has started using again and offers it to me every weekend. Now, I'm not much of a user but without the drink, sometimes it gets hard to turn down. I know I have to get through all this crap sober and clean or I will never get through it. I've had 2 more MS attacks since January and the Doctor is insisting I get out as soon as possible because he believes it's the stress that's causing my MS to act up.

I just got my pics back from my 1 year birthday and I will post them when I get my scanner up and running again. All three of my kids were there including my son whom I haven't spoken to in almost a year. We are back on track and he calls me 2-3 times a week to see how things are going. He has also quit drinking and attends some of my AA meetings with me. He doesn't really feel that he is an alcoholic but he knows what AA has done for my besides just helping me stay sober. It's been wonderful. Unfortunately, along with the good, comes the bad and I just found out my 19 year old daughter is using crack. She hasn't admitted this to me yet so I just keep reminding her of where my addiction has gotten me and that I hope if she finds herself in the same place that she will feel comfortable coming to me. I keep the door open and hopefully she will come to me when she's ready. I know there is nothing I can do until she is ready.

So there is my update, and again, I'm sorry for not keeping in touch. This forum got me through some very rough times, as did my online freinds with their support. Hope all is well with everyone.

Keep smiling
Crickit
xxoo
crickit

Postby wareagle10 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:30 pm

Wow, Cricket what an update. I have a friend with MS on the program some 23 1/2 years and he is constantly going to court with his ex and the constant stress is taking a toll on him also. He has finally got the court stuff slowed, he has nothing left to take, and his health is improving, so I guess their just might be a connection.

That has got to be tough with your husband using and offering. Man, with that happening I would be looking for some way out, any way out, to avoid the possible temptation to pick up. I can't imagine what that is like and hope I never have to find out. Then to have your daughter using, geez, you have got more than a cart full. I really don't know how to respond with anything that might help, if you have a God, pray to him, her, it, and go to meetings and share if you can. Read the book and come on line and at least let us give you some support.

I will keep good thoughts for you and hope for the best.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety