- syncronicity

syncronicity

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

syncronicity

Postby anniemac » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:10 pm

Not sure if this is the type of post that belongs here, because it's not about alcoholism at all; but it is about my conscious contact with God and being in tune with the Universe.

I just love moments of syncronicity and have a few favorite examples of how they appeared in my life.

First story, my husband and I were at a concert recently, and two guitarists opened the show: Eric Bibb, and Robin Ford. I had never heard of either of them before (but both were quite good). On the way home we were talking about them, and I said "Not too many guys named "Robin" ...that makes me think.....whatever happened to that musician from I think the '70's, Robin Trower?" Hubby didn't know and that was the end of that conversation.

Next day I went on line to get more info on Eric Bibb, as he really knocked my socks off. I followed a link from his site to an obscure record company's page, that listed the Eric Bibb CD's they sell, right along side of the Robin Trower CD's they carry!!

Now, c'mon, what are the odds??

Second story, my husband and I were having a "heated discussion", I guess I was complaining about some of the areas where I find him lacking :roll: and I declared "I want to get flowers delivered to me at work!!". Yeah, I can be a bitch, I know :oops: But anyway, two days later, I got flowers delivered to me, I swear first time in my life. Not from my husband, but from a customer expressing thanks.

You mean, all I have to do is put it out there? "Ask and ye shall receive"? Way cool!
anniemac

Postby Dallas » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:04 pm

Thank you, Anne!!!

syn·chro·nic·i·ty

1. The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.

2. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

3. the coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events (as similar thoughts in widely separated persons or a mental image of an unexpected event before it happens) that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality —used especially in the psychology of C. G. Jung

Hmmm... Imagine that! I looked up the definition.

Bill W., considered C.G. Jung, to be no less than a "contributing founder" to the birth of Alcoholics Anonymous.

syn·chro·nic·i·ty?

It sure seems to have a heck of a lot to do with "recovery, intuition, and spirituality"... so I gues it could be very meaningfully related to alcoholism... for those of us in recovery! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity