- Most Simple and To The Point Prayer I've Heard...

Most Simple and To The Point Prayer I've Heard...

Step 11: Prayer & Meditation

Most Simple and To The Point Prayer I've Heard...

Postby Scott: Alcoholic » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:07 am

Tom F (from Baltimore, MD) gave this one one night:

"God...bless me big time!"

Thought that covered all the bases, from my vantage point. LOL!
Scott: Alcoholic

Postby Dallas » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:20 am

Thanks for sharing that prayer Scott!!! I'm going to launch right out and start giving that one a good test drive, starting right now!!! I'll keep you posted on the results! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Scott: Alcoholic » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:59 am

Cool! Let me know how it works so that I can give Tom some feedback on his suggestion the next time I see him. So far, it has worked for me - maybe just a little too good sometimes! LOL!

Along with that prayer, I have learned to ask for "just a tad of humility"...that's usually just enough. I have no idea how much a 'tad' really is, but it seems to fit me.

I really enjoy this stuff man...only wish that I could bottle it and give to those still not convinced that it really, honestly, without failure works if they would only try it without reservation. Someday...someday...

Thanks Dallas!!

Scott

Postby Dallas » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:15 am

Hey Scott,

I started with the prayer last night... and immediately after I read it on the board, I shared it with someone else who really like it, and said that they are going to try it, too!

I continued through today saying the prayer a few times, and some really neat stuff happened! If I mentioned everything that happened, this message would take a whole bunch of time to write!!! And, for now... I want to keep it short, by saying... it appears to be working Big Time!!!

I plan to use it some more tonight before I go to bed... and to use it throughout tomorrow. I'll keep you posted!

The results so far... in even this short amout of time, seem to have been outstanding! So, I highly recommend it! And, I'll be passing it on to those that I meet!

Thanks again for sharing it with us!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Scott: Alcoholic » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:35 am

I think that when all is said and done, God made us simple people - and we just went and complicated things [at least that's mho]. Getting to the real 'stuff' of this program has brought me back to the whole K.I.S.S. mode. I still struggle with the desire to get right in there and make mountains out of mole hills sometimes, but I realize that fact a bit quicker and can usually work my way through it less painfully now.
That 'Bless me Big Time!' prayer is one of those things that makes me laugh a bit while keeping things simple and humble.

Glad you've found it useful Dallas - I will definitely be passing that on the next time that I see Tom [which I hope is soon...he is a really great speaker with -I think?- 26 years worth of Big Time Blessings to share].

Scott

Postby garden variety » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:03 am

I hate to say this guys, but I just can't pray that prayer with a clear conscience for myself. Every day it gets answered anyhow and in such big ways, I feel like it would be "overkill" cause I already get so much.

But I tell you what. I'll pray it for both you guys, Dallas and Scott, over the next couple weeks. I'm glad to give it away.
garden variety

Postby Candy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:22 am

I love that one! Big time kool tools & no time for fools! :oops:

Candy's Land 8)
Candy

Postby Dallas » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:18 am

Just a follow up and a checking-in on the
"God...bless me big time!" prayer.

I've been continuing to use it daily -- and, this prayer really has been working for me -- Big Time!!!

Thanks again for passing it on to me!!!

Dallas

:lol: :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:13 pm

Ya know what's really so very cool about God?

I haven't been praying that prayer, and I've still been continually blessed big time! :D
anniemac

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:28 am

Just checking in -- this prayer is still working for me Big Time!

I notice a difference when I consistently continue to pray it. I think it changes my mind and my attitude and my thinking... which opens the doors of awareness to some really good big stuff that shows up in my life. Or.... it somehow causes more good stuff to happen. Not sure how or why it works.... I only know that it does.

Give it a try and see for yourself.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Next

Return to Sobriety Prayers