- Contentment

Contentment

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Contentment

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:54 pm

when we come into the rooms. we bring with us a cast of characters; defects, flaws, and emotional deformities. woe, what a busload!. well, just where is that bus heading?... for me, it's a little town called"Serenityville" on the way, there is a stopover named Contentment!!! when i reached out, and asked for help. i got it. now, what do i do with it? i first get a sobriety date. now, i have some "gratitude" with that gratitude comes contentment. contentment for me, is something felt. felt from within. i believe that from the contentment comes the serenity that i seek. from everything that i have been shown in recovery. the learning to deal with all the ups, and downs in life. the hard times. i am now afforded the blessing of contentment. the chapter called a Vision For You in the BB. starts out by saying. most normal folk drink for conviviality, companionship, and colorful imagination... am i restored to sanity? i now have all of this in my life now, all eccept the drinking part. ### now drink non-alky stuff #### as a child, and young adult. i was always a pleasure seeker. booze, and drugs expanded the pleasure. selfish, and self-centered. full of expectations, grandious dreams. that i never made action plans to fullfull. now with my contentment, i can now try to shoot for the moon. and i say try, if i fail, i can try again. and most of all i can accept the outcome no matter witch way it goes. and yes, i can change my mind. im allowed to change it now. with no feelings of guilt, or regret. with the contentment comes the cloud, the big Pink one, and after the cloud. is the moon. the moon for me is my serenity. so my friends, by staying sober, by haveing gratitude, by getting contentment. do i have the chance at getting the serenity that i seek! thaks for letting me share... and i hope there's a Vision For You out there! all the best of wishes! xoxo PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby crickit » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:15 pm

now with my contentment, i can now try to shoot for the moon. and i say try, if i fail, i can try again. and most of all i can accept the outcome no matter witch way it goes. and yes, i can change my mind. im allowed to change it now. with no feelings of guilt, or regret. with the contentment comes the cloud, the big Pink one, and after the cloud. is the moon. the moon for me is my serenity. so my friends, by staying sober, by haveing gratitude, by getting contentment. do i have the chance at getting the serenity that i seek! thaks for letting me share... and i hope there's a Vision For You out there! all the best of wishes! xoxo PC

Heh PC; I don't think anyone needs to answer that question for you. You know it's there because I'm sure you've already felt it. I know I have. Remember the movie 'It's a wonderful life'. Jimmy Stewart promises to lasoo the moon. For anyone who thinks they have hit bottem and there is no hope, you should watch this movie. Lassooing the moon is only a metaphore. The moon is actually physically too far away. But serenity is within our grasp if we practise the steps in all our affairs. We all now have the tools to do that.

HAPPY 24 HOURS
Crickit
crickit

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics