- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby waitresscheryl » Sat May 06, 2006 9:43 pm

Hi Dallas, St. Joseph, missouri, is close to the Kansas line, right next to the Missouri river. But not sure where it is in conjuction to Fort Smith, Ark. Been to Arkansas, but do not know where Fort smith is, know where Little Rock is, and Arkadelphia is. Anywhere close to that :?: I bet you have some good meetings there. :wink: I had a lot larger choices of meetings in St. Petersburg,Florida, but of course it is a lot larger there. Take Care. Cheryl :D
waitresscheryl

Introductions

Postby melrose » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:45 pm

Hello All! My name is Melanie and I am an alcoholic...

I live in a small town in New Mexico with a menagerie of animals (no other humans but me!). I am 36 years old and have finally decided to do the program the right way. That is, I don't show up at meetings drunk and silent. I no longer smoke pot to get off the jug. I am working the steps in all of my affairs. And I pray constantly (on my knees in the am and the pm). I have finally begun to feel the beauty in sobriety. Tomorrow is now an adventure to look forward to rather than to dread and hide from. I actually answer my door now (which I had not done in years). I feel free, happy, and hopeful. I had never laughed as much until I came into those beautiful rooms of alcoholics. We are a funny people, aren't we? :lol:
I'm so grateful to have found you all. Hope your day has been an adventure!

Sincerely, Melanie
melrose

Postby Dallas » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:18 pm

Hey Melanie!!! Welcome!!!

Glad you found us! Pull up a chair and make yourself right at home!

Thank you for introducing yourself and for your sharing. I'm looking forward to reading much more from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Aloha

Postby MiltonG » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:16 pm

:lol: Aloha everyone, My name is MiltonG, and I'm a "Grateful Alcholic". My sobriety date is 12/15/2002. Believe it or not I found this site through on of my Sponsees. Isn't it amazing what we can learn and who we can learn it from, when we keep an open mind. This site is a new tool for me in my war againt my disease. Thanks Dallas for reminding me that not checking in was like going to a meeting and not introducing my self. I'll keep coming back.
MiltonG

Postby Dallas » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Aloha Milton! My name is Dallas, and I'm a grateful alcoholic, also!

Welcome to Step12!!! I'm glad that you found us here and I look forward to you sharing your experience, strength and hope!

I've heard about some good AA over there in Hawaii. I haven't been there sober... but I do have memories of a time that I was there. :oops: And, I do remember how beautiful it is there! It was awesome. What a great place to be sober!

Take care, have fun, stay sober... and hope to hear from you again, soon!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Scott: Alcoholic » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:43 am

I wanted to do this two weeks ago and forgot...

Howdy Ya'll! My name is Scott and I am an alcoholic.
I can be found in District 47 (of Area 59), in Southeastern PA - 'bout 45 minutes N-NE of Philadelphia.

Sobriety Date is 2-December-1984; but recovery and 'carrying the message' of my spiritual awakening didn't start for quite a few years later. Guess God knew that I needed to really understand just how hopeless and dis-eased I am (even without a drink) - so He let me learn the way I've always needed to: the hard way.

I'll keep it short in adding that life is great and getting better, no matter the things that come...Page 102 of the Big Book tells me that if I stay on the front lines carrying this message, God will keep me from harm. I've seen it, I believe it and do encourage anyone else -looking for the real Solution to their dis-ease- to do the same!

Thanks!

Scott
Scott: Alcoholic

Postby garden variety » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:34 pm

Hi Scott,

Greeter on duty here, but I think we met somewhere on this bulletin board. Anyway. welcome and thanks for your experience, strength, and hope...you sure got a bundle of it and quite a few 24 hours to share! SO keep on sharing. You always help me.

God bless
garden variety

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:28 pm

Thanks Scott!!!

I always enjoy reading the great shares that you post! And, now I know some more about you.

I haven't been to eastern or south east PA. Only got as far as Pittsburgh. Hopefully, on my next trip out that way I can make it to your area and have coffee and catch some meetings with you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Gretchen » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:04 am

Hi, all! I'm from Idaho, Area 18. My sobriety date is February 17, 2005. For years I had hated me and my drinking and my husband and God, etc. That was all because of the poison I kept putting into myself called alcohol. I had become such a sick, pathetic, drunken liar, that I knew I'd fail if left to my own willpower (thank God!), so I joined an outpatient therapy group that introduced me to AA. I was in that group-- three times a week for 2 hours with 2 AA meetings required per week-- for 17 months. Little by little, I learned that I needed people in my life. I discovered that I didn't know a life anymore that didn't include fear -- fear of being "discovered". I need AA and all of the friends I've met through AA. Thanks all, and please show me around!
Gretchen

Hello Gretchen!

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:06 am

Hello Gretchen! Welcome to the site! Glad to have you with us. Thanks for taking the time to share about yourself! Looking forward to hearing much more from you!

Make yourself at home!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery