- AA Bandade Box

AA Bandade Box

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

AA Bandade Box

Postby 918gma » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:11 pm

Over the past several days, I have discovered that this forum could sure use a bandaide box.
I have coolected a series of quotes and comments that I have heard through out my own recovery that I would like to share with you. If you need a bandaide, feel free to read through until you find one that fits. If you have one to share, knock your self out (not literally, just share it) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Srew Guilt! 8)

Patience please God isn't finished with me yet. :!: :!:

Gods driving this bus, just sit down, grab your BB open your ears and hold on. :roll:

On my first year birthday, a dear friend of mine gave me a gift that I have to share. It was a set of dice wraped in nylon net, the tag attached said; "Got a problem, Roll the dice" the dice each had the word God on all 8 sides :D

Official notice: Hammers are no longer to be used in the AA tool box. We are getting too many reports of you guys using them on yourselves. Thay are to be removed and discarded immediatly. All other tool are to be used under my supervision......THE MANAGEMENT 8)

Good Morning.... This is God. I will be handling all your problems today, and I don't need your help....So have a good day :)

Pour me Pour me Pour me another :oops: :oops: :oops:

Walk slow, drink lots of water and use your AA handrails :) :)

Progress, not perfection :roll:

Principals not personalities :? :?

These should give your some ideas of your own. Feel free to jump right in
918gma

Postby Tim » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:30 pm

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

Practice makes progress.

You can't run away from trouble. There ain't no place that far.

The more we try to control others, the more they control us.

I may have gotten the monkey off my back, but the circus is still in town.

God is never late.

In recovery, freedom is less what we are free to do than what we are free not to do.

'Alcoholic Alzheimers' You forget everything but your resentments.

If you're not in the market for a bicycle, don't hang around a bicycle shop.

In the Bible it is written that the Lord delivered Daniel from the den of lions. No where does it say that he went back for his hat.

If you're not a lion tamer, don't go in the lion's den.

Humilty is when I stop fighting reality

Self-will: Banging on the tray of my high chair

On relapse: "I never did anything in moderation....except maybe the Steps"

Sobriety delivers everything alcohol promised

I didn't get sober until I could see the handwriting on the floor

Reality can be as painful to accept as it was to escape from

The two hardest things in life to handle are success and failure

Being sober doesn't keep me sober

You can't speed up your recovery but you can sure slow it down

Practicing alcoholics who place no value on physical sobriety never get sober; recovering alcoholics who place no value on emotional sobriety never become contented.

The longest journey in recovery is from the head to the heart

The longest distance between two points is the shortcut

Recovery is like riding a bicycle; you won't fall off unless you stop pedaling
Tim

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:55 pm

and heres one from me! if you dont want to go on that roller coaster ride! ... dont buy the ticket! ... sometimes we forget. we have now tapped a source of a Power Greater Than Ourselfs! ... The PGT, never gives us more than we can handle. "One Day at a Time"....... my tool box, is now a paint palette. full of Technicolor! and yes there is some grey, even black. but remember there are cold shades of grey, and some very, very warm shades of grey. just go look at a real good paint chart :wink: so load up the band-aid box, fill up the
tool box, and go get yourself a brand new "Paint Palette" serenity now t o all xoxo Rusty, aka PC :roll:
Rusty Zipper

Great

Postby 918gma » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:33 am

These are some of the best bandaises I've ever seen. Keep 'em coming thanks guys. We never a;; we can get.
918gma

A few more bandaids

Postby 918gma » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:05 pm

Call your sponsor :o

When you get out of self and into his will for you, you'll discover you like you better 8)

Graditude lists are for the ungratfull and they work :oops: :( :oops:

Life isn't about me :?:

Meeting makers make it :D

Beware, the first step has a hyphine in it with words after it :!: :!: :!: :!:
918gma

More please

Postby 918gma » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:08 pm

We need more bandaides guys. We are recovering in the war zone of life. One of us could hit a landmine at any time. Keep 'em coming :P :P :P
918gma

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:16 am

Sometimes, asking a newcomer "Would you rather die an alcoholic death or become willing to change your mind?" doesn't seem to get through.

When that question doesn't get through, I'll change it around a little bit and I'll ask him "Would you rather slide down an 80 foot razor blade naked... or become willing to change your mind?"

At least, with that question I can get his attention long enough to get a "Huh?" out of him... that lasts long enough for him to listen to why, as alcoholics, we need to seriously consider Steps 1, 2 & 3.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:32 am

An AA member, once told me that “Meeting Makers make it!â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Meeting Makers

Postby 918gma » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:05 pm

I agree that meetings alone do not work. Reading the book alone does not work. Action is the key word, action and balance. We need it all. We are a group of people that do not understand balance. Too much here, not enough there.
918gma

A bandaid for thought

Postby 918gma » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:08 pm

You can't stick a Bull in a china store and ask God to see that he doesn't break the dishes. :idea: :idea: :idea:
918gma

Next

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery