- Addictive Personality

Addictive Personality

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Addictive Personality

Postby swimurman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:12 pm

I have fought addictions my entire life but never saw them as connected until I read the book The Addictive Personality by Craig Nakken. During times in my life I have been addicted to alcohol (which I'm not currently using) cigarettes (quit them too) various drugs (kicked those too) and sex (the one I'm currently battling). I would have to say that my addiction to sex is the addiction that is most baffling and difficult to beat. I don't know that it's appropriate on the AA 12 Step Forum, but if it is, I would like to start a forum for addicts who are battling sexual addiction. PM me if you would like to discuss the subject
swimurman

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:05 pm

swimurman... for me what i have come to see... addiction to anything is just a symptom of a underlying problem...

for me, my natural instint for sex, society, and security is dang ok to have... i have no part in that matter... its a God given thing... its just when i take anyone, or all over the top... ut-oh, trouble, trouble, trouble...

regards.............................. Zip

ps, its a very real subject... good wishes on your topic... and to you...
Rusty Zipper

Postby anniemac » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:50 pm

Hi Swimurman and welcome to the site. Somehow, much to my husband's disdain, sex is about the one thing I'm NOT addicted to. :shock: I, too, feel that I have an addictive personality, gave up booze and drugs and cigarettes also ~~ food and shopping and obsessive thinking can take their place if I'm not careful.

Have a good 24!
anniemac

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories