- Changing Sponsors

Changing Sponsors

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Changing Sponsors

Postby crickit » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:00 pm

I've only got a few minutes on here so I'll just ask a quick question.

My sponsor has suggested that I find a new sponsor and attend meeting in my own area. I've only moved 20 minutes away and want to continue where I'm at. It took a long time to feel like I belong there and I'm very comfortable there and my sponsor is amazing. Starting out at new meetings by myself feels like starting all over again and makes me very nervous. I don't want to loose what I already have where I was. Any thoughts on this. I've been told that your sponsor should at least live in the same town as me.

My times up :(

BB
Crickit
crickit

Postby Dallas » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:01 pm

Hello Crickit,

In looking at your post and knowing something about you and your relationship with your sponsor, if I were you, I would ask your sponsor the following questions:

1. Are you telling me the real, honest to good reason that you think I should change sponsors?

2. Is the real reason that you think I should change sponsors, because you've given me directions and suggestions and I haven't followed them?

3. Is one of the reasons that you think I should change sponsors, because I try to negotiate with you, when you’re giving me directions?

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby crickit » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:03 pm

LOL, Dallas, you know me too well. I had already asked her if it was because of me LOL. She said that her sponsor had suggested it to her because that's the way things should be. My sponsor has assured me that she is more than willing to continue the 'job' and is leaving it totally up to me. Now I'm starting to wonder. I will have to ask her again if she is being honest with me.

Anyway, gotta run.

Crickit :D
crickit

Return to Sponsors Forum