- Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Postby Dallas » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:11 am

Help for alcoholics who want to achieve and maintain sobriety?

Oh what an order!!! That's what this Forum is all about!

If you have a desire to stop drinking and your drinking is causing you problems -- or, if you have discovered that living without alcohol is uncomfortable, and you get restless, irritable or discontented when not drinking -- it is highly suggested that you find a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous. You may discover why you feel this way.

While we stress the importance of going to AA Meetings -- AA Meetings is not "the entire" Alcoholics Anonymous program of recovery. The AA meetings are to remind us, that our problem is alcoholism, and to remind us that the AA Solution is the 12 Steps. AA meetings are also a place where we can reach out to each other, support each other, and practice a part of our 12th Step.... to “carry the AA message to other alcoholics.â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:55 pm

:idea: Dallas- I would like to change my user name. I first used Phoenix, but that is not me any longer. I don't need to hide in a ficticious persona. I am no longer afraid or ashamed to say, "Hi, I'm David and I am an alcoholic." I can accept, I like, who I am- flaws and all.

I will look for a confirmation of this, either here or by direct email. Please let me know.

Thanks, it has been really great to comm with everyone! :D

LOL, David
Phoenix

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:14 am

hi david, nice to meet you...

i'm patrick, and i'm a alky/adict... hope to see you again...
Rusty Zipper

keep coming back

Postby musicmode » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi David,

My name is Anne 8) , I'm an alcoholic/addict--ya keep hangin' out here & amazin' things'll happen that're beyond your imagination. I was told when I come in that it ain't gonna all be 'wonderful', but even the not so wonderful can be gotten thru when ya lean on us. That's what we's here fo'.

Keep comin' back,
Anne M. 8)
musicmode

Postby Calhoun » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Hello I'm Larry I'm an accaholic who suffers from depression and I've bben sber for 9 mos. this time before that about two years and counless other moments of sanity. Today I'm most thankful for my sobriety, my God, my family and AA. I've got so much else to be thankful for a good job,no bills and a wonderful wife. I don't have any desire to drink but I've never reaaly gone through the program and the steps so I know I have'nt really achieved recovering status. So I hope to do that someday. Thanks for letting me share
Calhoun

Postby Dallas » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:44 pm

Hello Larry!

I'm glad you're here!

Thanks for sharing and keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby kiltylyn » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:09 am

Calhoun wrote:Hello I'm Larry I'm an accaholic who suffers from depression and I've bben sber for 9 mos. this time before that about two years and counless other moments of sanity. Today I'm most thankful for my sobriety, my God, my family and AA. I've got so much else to be thankful for a good job,no bills and a wonderful wife. I don't have any desire to drink but I've never reaaly gone through the program and the steps so I know I have'nt really achieved recovering status. So I hope to do that someday. Thanks for letting me share

Hi Larry
If you find a sponsor and start to go through the BB of AA your life will change. We learn exactly what we suffer from and how to live in the solution. It has changed my life and continues to do so adaat. My first sponsor I found at 5 months, she took me as far as step 3 as she never knew the rest, then I found another sponsor who took me through the whole 12 steps. Today I dont want to drink and I believe the power will keep me safe and protected as long as I do what is suggested just for today.
Linda
kiltylyn

Postby Newbalance » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:00 am

Yo David...welcome.
The honesty feels good, right?? Im new to the site myself but I can feel nothing but positive feedback from all..
Thanks..
Michael
Newbalance

Postby gopher » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm new to doing this by computer so bear with me. I put a subject "Am I stuck" explaining my dillema. I am an alcoholic who wants to maintain his sobriety, I do not want to drink, but I do feel like my program has gone flat??
It may be, because of my failure to utilize steps 10-11 correctly. It seems that I go thru my day sometimes completely unaware that I do have tools at my disposal...it is as if I FORGET to use them throughout my day..??
gopher

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:07 pm

Hello Gopher, I just posted my reply to "I'm stuck"

I hope it helps.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Next

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober