Alcohol poisoning: A serious
consequence of binge drinking
If you suspect that someone has alcohol
poisoning, seek immediate medical care!
Q. What is alcohol poisoning? How do you know if someone has alcohol
A. Alcohol poisoning is a serious â€” sometimes deadly â€” result of drinking
excessive amounts of alcohol (ethanol). Binge drinking can lead to
alcohol poisoning. The effects of alcohol depend on the concentration of
alcohol in your blood (blood alcohol level).
Factors that affect your blood alcohol level include:
How strong the alcohol is
How quickly you drink it
How much food is in your stomach at the time you drink it
Signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning include:
Slow or irregular breathing
Blue-tinged skin or pale skin
Unconsciousness ("passing out")
Alcohol is a stomach irritant and may cause vomiting. It also affects your
central nervous system â€” slowing your breathing, heart rate and gag
reflex. This increases the risk of choking on vomit if you're passed out
from excessive drinking. If you suspect that someone has alcohol
poisoning, seek immediate medical care.
Blood alcohol level continues to rise even after the person has passed out.
Alcohol can also be harmful in smaller amounts if you use it in combination with any non-prescribed or prescribed drugs.
If you suspect that someone has alcohol poisoning, seek immediate medical care!
Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests