- Problems with my Sponsor

Problems with my Sponsor

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Postby Dallas » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:37 pm

Good afternoon Tamburasi! I hope you're having a great day today! It's good that your talking to some other sober members of AA in your home group about whats going on for you. Hopefully, you'll have a nice, good, productive talk with your sponsor, also -- and he will have a explanation that will make sense.

Enjoy the day!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

The call...

Postby tamburasi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:35 pm

Well, he called back. I said that I was sorry that his feelings were hurt he said that he had had an awful week and I just happened to be the one who was in the way when he snapped. He explained why he felt the way he did and I explained why I acted the way I did in the situation. We exchanged pleasantries (real not BS) and talked about other things as well. We have book study next Wednesday night. We are OK!

God works in mysterious ways and there are no coincidences. Not even an hour after we hung up, another AA friend called to ask me to hear his 5th step. Consolation!

This whole thing has been a great learning and growth process.

1. I liked using the forum because nobody knows the personalities involved and we should concentrate on principles

2. Once again I learned that isolation breeds pain. The insanity of doing that one over and over baffles me.

3. I have unrealistic expectations of people, and when it doesn't go my way.... (step 3)

4. It's better to walk the walk than just talk the talk.

5. arghh, I'm done typing.

Thank you everyone. I am going to try to check back on this website and post more replies.
tamburasi

Postby Molly M. » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Hey Tamburasi--You Rock!!! :D :D :D :!: :!:
Molly M.

Postby Dallas » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Yep. I agree with Molly! You Rock!!! :lol: :lol:

Don't stay away so long next time! You could come here frequently and help us gang up on others! :lol: It really is true.... that it's better to give a resentment than get one! --- And, as they say "use your friends wisely!" :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:05 pm

Very cool outcome, I'm so glad all of this worked out for you. And, the journey is always at least half of the fun! Well, it may not always feel like fun at the time, but in hindsight it's all good stuff.

Kinda like this past Friday night, when I got annoyed at my husband simply because he was being himself, and not who I decided he should be at that moment in time, and I stomped out of the house in a huff, in the midst of an ice storm. I figured I wouldn't go far, just far enough to cool off. Next thing I knew, I had swerved in to a 1-foot-plus snow drift. Despite all the Forward Gear - Reverse Gear maneuvers that I was attempting, I could not budge the car. Ends up, I had to call my husband to come tow me out. Talk about a lesson in humility!! We had a real good laugh about that one....
anniemac

Previous

Return to Sponsors Forum