- Is It odd or a God thing

Is It odd or a God thing

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Is It odd or a God thing

Postby 918gma » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:32 pm

Have you ever noticed that since you got sober, the most valuable things you've learned are from the experience strenght and hope of another Alcoholic.
918gma

Re: Is It odd or a God thing

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:29 pm

918gma wrote:Have you ever noticed that since you got sober, the most valuable things you've learned are from the experience strenght and hope of another Alcoholic.

I've learned some valuable things from the experience, strength and hope of another alcoholic, and I've learned some real worthless things from some other alcoholics. :lol:

One of the most valuable things that this alcoholic has learned... is that it's not a good idea for this alcoholic to drink!!!

Some of my other sources for learning my most valuable things have been:

To name a few...

From my dogs.
From animals.
From plants and trees.
From rocks, and stars and earth.
From roller skates.
From my kindergarten and fifth grade teacher.
From water, and food.

And, many many many times from my sponsor!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

No doubt.

Postby 918gma » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:11 am

Again I feel I need to stand my ground, maybe just for argument sake, but I don't think so.

I agree that I have learned many things from other sources. I have even learned from my own Children. (Especially Kay).

The point I was trying to make is that until I got into this program I was not even teachable. That makes the things I have learned from the Big Book and through other alohalics extreamly valuable.
918gma

Postby crickit » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:18 pm

Have you ever noticed that since you got sober, the most valuable things you've learned are from the experience strenght and hope of another Alcoholic.

Absolutely, I agree. It was through AA and it's fellowship that I was able to learn from all sources. The lessons are all out there if we are listening. It was other alcoholics that taught me to listen.

BB
Crickit
crickit

hello

Postby new2this » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:52 am

Have you ever noticed that since you got sober, the most valuable things you've learned are from the experience strenght and hope of another Alcoholic

Hi to all---

Well, I am definitely arguing with no one, okay? Especially since the BB points out that we've ceased fighting anything or anyone. :wink: Sometimes I'm not very good at that but I'll give it a try anyway.

I agree that some of the most valuable things that I personally have learned in sobriety are from other alcoholics.(Even a couple in AA! :shock: ) Some of those things have been experience, strength and hope.

And some of the things I've learned from other alcoholics(even a couple in AA :shock: ) were exactly the opposite of experience, strength and hope. I'm pretty sure that even those experiences haven't been wtihout value. They may not have been a lot of fun, but, at least I learned something....and sober at that.

Both types of lessons have saved my tail a few times.

Oh, and if I'm rigorously honest......I've learned a bunch of worthless crap, too! :lol: :lol:

At least I think it was worthless.....I might have to change my mind....or quit thinking......Heck, I don't know!

Have a great day all! And hope you all get to avoid as much crap as possible!!!!

Take Care,

Cathy
new2this

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity