- To the women

To the women

Share your sobriety jokes and humor here

To the women

Postby 918gma » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:18 am

I am lets kindly say middle age, sober and single, by choice. Gods not mine.
I have learned that AA is considered an sort of beuty shop for women alcoholics, in that we begin to take better care ofourselves, and our efforts show in our appearance.
My question is, is it modern age beuty products or just my age that indicates that all the beuty products recomened to me seem to have batteries.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:27 am

Sounds almost like you are either a late bloomer,
or that someone may think you have arthritis,
or that you are having a hard time finding
what you're looking for in the dark!

Women have been using little flashlights for years!!! :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: To the women

Postby new2this » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:33 am

918gma wrote:I am lets kindly say middle age, sober and single, by choice. Gods not mine.
I have learned that AA is considered an sort of beuty shop for women alcoholics, in that we begin to take better care ofourselves, and our efforts show in our appearance.
My question is, is it modern age beuty products or just my age that indicates that all the beuty products recomened to me seem to have batteries.

Too funny, Gma!!!! :lol:

There isn't a darned thing wrong with modern aged beauty products.....now that we're sober and have that extra money to afford them!!!

I guess that I am officially middle-aged(or just a hair more!) but you wanna hear something funny? My very first day at an AA meeting....which, by the way, was court ordered.....there was nothing but a couple of old AA dinosaurs at the meeting. One of them asked how old I was. When I admitted my age, you won't believe what I was told to do. It went a little something like this...........

"Maybe you should keep drinking. It looks like it perserved you well."

Okay, so it's a back-handed compliment. And my first reaction was to wonder if someone "official" was going to sign my court card! :lol: :lol: :lol: (It was my first meeting!)

But hey.......compliments(including make-up) are definetely worth it! As for the make-up..... I don't know about anyone else, but I do know that I'm butt-ugly without it!!!!

I'll bet you're looking much better than last year.....or else you wouldn't care much about it.

Oh yeah......"Energizer" makes quality rechargeble batteries. And they keep "going and going and going"!!! :wink: :lol:

Take Care,

Cathy
new2this

Arn't Men wonderful

Postby 918gma » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:23 am

They do try to make us feel better in thier own way. And you're right, take what you can get. Must have been an interesting first meeting.

As far as being court ordered, I heard a really cool coment about that recently. This man said that he too was court ordered, and after a while began to realize with the help of his sponsor that it was only because the Judge saw a glimmer of hope in him. Not exactly a joke but I thought it was cool none the less.

Do you know if you can buy stock in energizer bstteries. Those things are almost as expensive as gas these days.
918gma

Postby crickit » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:00 pm

Okay, I'm lost. What kind of beauty products need batteries.

:lol:
Crickit
crickit

Postby new2this » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:32 pm

Must have been an interesting first meeting.

Hehehe....it was. The second meeting I went to was even more interesting, if you can believe that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, I had a pretty crazy first few meetings. At least they broke through my drunken haze and caught my attention long enough to keep me coming back!!! :D

Take Care All,

Cathy
new2this

Return to Sobriety Jokes and Humor