- Using the 12 Steps on Emotional Conflicts

Using the 12 Steps on Emotional Conflicts

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Dallas » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:26 pm

After I had been sober for a while and had already taken the 12 Steps and had become aware of their value to me as a Daily Program of Living – I became interested in trying to use the Steps on different problems. They had worked so well on my alcoholism that I began to wonder how well they would work for my other problems.

I remember when I had five years of sobriety I had gotten into a relationship that was progressive... and we got married. My thoughts had been “Wow! I can be married and have a good healthy relationship now, because -- I have the 12 Steps, the 12 Traditions and the 12 Concepts – to use in my home, my marriage, my relationship! This is going to be totally awesome!â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby garden variety » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:28 pm

Wow Dallas,

That must have been a painful time for you. I can identify with getting those divorce papers served on me. Boy was that ever final. I was drinking when it happened - I went back out after almost 6 years of being sober. She never knew what hit her when I started drinking again - she just knew the "sober" me.

But what you said is a true. These steps are a design for living that really works - even when times get rough (I think it says that in the book?)

And that "Happy, joyous, and free" deal - I wouldn't want it any other way.

Have a good weekend brothers and sisters.
garden variety

Return to 12 Steps