- Doing God's will

Doing God's will

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

interesting subject new!

Postby blueangel » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:15 am

Hi all, I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately but as you all know I recently had to close one door on my life , some call it a marriage. We recently had a storm south of here, and we were supossed to get 400 people on a base close to me but I drove through the base gate on Sunday and just started walking around, hugging people, and introducing myself to the 400 turned 10,000 people. I learned a million different things and was able to make amends to so many in my old life just by listening to people. I didn't have very much of a family a couple weeks ago, but I have a huge family of new people that call me *sister*. I'm never home very long anymore to be on here, but thats because my family needs me as much as I have grown to need them. I fully realize that I had to close that old door to open up more doors than I could ever count.
I came to a meeting last night sweaty and looking rather ragged with no shoes on, and a very kind lady assumed I was drinking and too poor to afford a pair of shoes. I had to thank her but respond that *No I was just tired due to lacking sleep, sleeping in my car on base when I finished my days work at 3 a.m. and had to be back at the base for the 7 a.m. staff meeting making it unlogical to go to that place I pay my mortgage on so I pull up to the guard shack, ask the guard to bang on the window of my mustang at 5:30 a.m. so I can go find a shower, change clothes and be at the meeting on time. I also explained to this kind lady that the reason I was shoeless was because I have 4 pairs of shoes in the car but my feet were too swollen to get any of them on.
People ask me now who I am working for and I reply * the best employer their is!* My boss pays me in hugs, family, and a new awareness that I can't even start to explain. Pretty good pay for a hermit that was disabled and unable to work a month a go! :D
My life is great these days eventhough I am never at this place I pay a mortgage on. :D God Bless you all and I'm praying for all of you, Kay
blueangel

Arn't new doors great

Postby 918gma » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:32 am

It's like lets make a deal only better, as long as we only open the door in front us, we always win.

Congradulations on your expanded family. That is one thing I have learned to be trully grateful for. Having friends that are really friends. Our new found friends in the progam care about us no matter where we've been, and they stick to you like glue.

Sounds like you are as emerced in your desire to stay sbor as you are you job. That's wonderful. Good to hear from you.
918gma

doing the right thing

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:04 am

hello New, JR,Cricket, Blue,9, and of course Mr BB ! looks like everybod's a do'n just a'Jim'o'Dandy! nice, real nice. spiritualy i mean :wink: glad to be home :) the trip was nice, and recovery buddies son looks great.### graduated boot #### it seems, the young man learned a bit. he now talks about doing the right thing... he and i took a little ride, and he talked, i listened. he has a real good shot at life, schooling paid for, some goals, ect. he's excited about his future. im very happy for him. the one thing i mentioned was. when he talked about doing the right thing. i said that means daily. i said look at how long it took your mother, and me to get the message!... we spent 4 days pretty much on the road, in the car together, no meetings... we carried the principals with us. a car spun out, we stoped to offer assitance. buddie fed a cat, lol... talked to, and listened to strangers. freely giving... the two of us worked as a team, not against, gave support... our faith, trust, and belief got us thu a few nerv'y situations... HP, thank's yet again! just wanted to say i'ze home, and good wishes to you all. xoxo The Zip... PS, hey Dallas, i got one for you. saw a fullmoon, but this one was in back of a Pink Cloud :roll:
Rusty Zipper

Postby crickit » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:55 am

Heh PC, good to have you back. Sounds like your trip went well.

KCB
Crickit
crickit

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:11 pm

TPTB adjudges us according to our deeds, not the coat that we wear: that truth is above everything, buthigher still is truthfull living. Know that we attaineth TPTB when we loveth, and only victory endures in consequences of which no one is defeated. i use TPTB, or The Power That Be. and yes, i also use the word God. bless, RZ :wink:
Rusty Zipper

sounds like a trip on a pink cloud

Postby 918gma » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:16 pm

Sounds awesome.

I'm glad every thing went well. Some time we need to get out into the wold and test our tools. Depending totally on what we have learned. The experiment went well for you. Welcome home.

I will be there some day, I think if I keep making contact with my HP and learning how to stay close to him no mater what. I still have to learn how to batten down the hatches when the storms come, and not loose sight of the goal.

I learn more and more each day, and life is good. I can say that today, kicking back with my family every thing going according to plan. Tomorrow who knows, but at least I know the plan works when you let it. I just have to keep the faith and listen to those that have been there done that, did you bring back the shirt. LOL
918gma

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:20 pm

no shirts. a handbag, some great pic's, da best memories, and a whole lot'o'laughs
Rusty Zipper

Postby JR » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:19 am

Hey PC that is a powerul message! xox, jr
JR

what is god's will for me?

Postby CherieP » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:41 am

Hi Cathy, I am new to this list also and I just lost what I typed and its all my fault, not God's will lol of that I am sure

But most times Im just not sure what His will really is for me. Just when I think I have it all figured out, it changes. And it keeps changing, just like I am in sobriety, as I change, God's will and even my will, change.

Change, growth, sobriety, serenity, peace, ahhhhhh. Love it, wouldnt trade it for all the tea in china lol old saying my dear departed GaGa used to use alot. I miss her. She died in April at 101 years of young. She is with God and I hope and pray that she and God are together watching over me and helping me know His will, GaGa will agree with Him, she always does :)

AA hugs to all
Cherie' in colllddddd Michigan

GO WINGS!!

oh I almost forgot if there are any members here that are also hockey fans, NHL or others, there is an online group at yahoogroups for BillsW'sHockeyFriends. Email me privately for more info. We have alot of fun cheering and jeering each other on. lol[/b]
CherieP

Hello!!

Postby Angel » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:28 am

Hi Cathy and Cherie..My name is Angel..I haven't been around much, but I wanted to say Hello and Welcome.. :D
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery