- Forum up again - messages lost

Forum up again - messages lost

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?

Forum up again - messages lost

Postby Dallas » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:11 am

Hey gang,

I had to move the website and the forum to a different web server and the good news is: we're back online. The bad news is: if you were saving private messages -- they all got deleted in the move.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby carol1017 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:23 pm

I'm soooooo glad the site is back up!!!!

Dallas, I think there were a couple of responses to my posts that I received notification on, but don't seem to be here -- could they have been lost in transfer too?

Good work on getting the site back up so quickly!
carol1017

Postby anniemac » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:50 pm

So glad you're all still here!! I was feeling a little untethered for a while there.... :oops:

So does that mean, that if I had recently sent someone a PM but they hadn't read it yet, that it's now gone from their inbox?
anniemac

Postby Dallas » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:16 pm

It seems that we also lost the forum tracking -- where we get notified when someone replies to an old post. You probably won't get notified if you had a previous post and someone replies to it. Just post a new message and it will get tracked. And, you'll get notified of those. 8) Ain't that cool?

Yep. All PM's were lost. :shock:

That's okay though -- we're back online! :lol: I thought that we might have lost the entire forum -- all the messages and everything. (That happened to us once when we got hacked).
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby DebbieV » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:30 pm

Thank you so much for all the hard work you did for this site Dallas, It had to be a lot of long pain in the butt nights. For this alcoholic I know I have come to love this site like I do a few meetings, it gets me out of my head (scary place for me) and helps me to remember where I came from and where I want to go. So maybe speaking out of line here but from all of us drunks thank you> :D :D :D :D
DebbieV

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:37 am

Thanks Debbie. :oops:

This site and you and the others who come here -- and the messages that you post here -- make me feel honored, and blessed, just to be allowed to be here with you all!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby new2this » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:37 am

Hi to all!

As the screenname implies...I'm new2this. In my case.....again. Okay, well, again and again etc... Sheesh. :roll: Anyhoo, it's great to see that the site is not only up again but still thriving!!!!

Much thanks to everyone who has kept it up and running....ya'll are awesome! Hope to get to know some of your stories soon. :D

Take Care,

Cathy
new2this

Postby TinaL » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:03 am

Hey Cathy,

Glad to see you are still here with us! I hope to get to know you more too! Feel free to let us know what is going on with you at any time! The more ES&H we get, the better for everyone here!

God Bless and
Take Care,
Tina
TinaL

Postby new2this » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:33 am

Thanks so much for that welcome! :D I'm gonna make myself sound really stupid here.....but, what does ES&H stand for?

Hehe....I've never claimed to be very smart . Aw hell...I guess I probably have. :oops:

Thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to hearing your story, too!

Cathy
new2this

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:54 am

Clue #1: It doesn’t stand for

Enchiladas –
Sauce extra
Hot!

You funny! And, you better find that dog’s home!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Next

Return to Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety