- Chaired my first meeting

Chaired my first meeting

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Chaired my first meeting

Postby DebbieV » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:54 pm

Last night our Chair person didn't make it to the meeting, so the wonderful sponsor I had told me to (sorry suggested :D its all the same to me) that I chair the meeting, and it was with 'the kids'....the ones that the treatment center brings over. I feel such a huge responsibility to that meeting and meeting like those anyway.
I thought I was going to die when I first got up to walk that.... oh so long.... walk up to the front of the meeting. I sat down and rattled off some some stuff and the meeting started, I chose pg 25 in the BB, on "There is a solution" the nerves settled down ( I said my own quick prayer during the serenity prayer) and I saw these kids in a new way...I saw me in a new way....I already knew, that when I walk in the doors of a meeting, I want to be an example: of God, someone who has taken the steps, who practice the steps, AA, A lot of things. But, in front of these kids it really hit hard. I want to be someone they want to come back for, I want to make sure the message is the one Bill W. intended on me to carry..I want to be there when one of those girls get out and come to a meeting and say "hey, I remember you, I liked your message, can you be my sponsor?" Then maybe I can pass on the message that Bill wanted, to someone else, then she can pass it on...and there will always be someone in those rooms who stand up and says, yea, I will chair, even if they don't want to, because someone who was taught to carry Bills message told (suggested) them to. :D
What a gift last night was. And somehow, I am now the new chairperson for that meeting, I am chairing a meeting Wednesday, and I guess you could call it helping Tuesday night. This is such a powerful program. I'm truly blessed to be experiencing these things today....and feel such a need to pass on what was so lovingly given to me.
Pass it on.... has such a Strong meaning for something I here and see everyday.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:57 am

Deb wrote: so the wonderful sponsor I had told me to (sorry suggested its all the same to me) that I chair the meeting, and it was with 'the kids'....

The wonderful sponsor you "had"? :shock: I hope something bad didn't happen to your sponsor!!! Or, is it - now your sponsor is no longer wonderful? :lol:

Your wonderful sponsor probably understands .... it takes one kid to reach other kids! Nothing like one kid talking to another kid! K.A. Kid's Anonymous!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would say "Congrats" on Chairing your first meeting -- but, I wouldn't want to say anything that might go to your head. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So -- instead, I'll say "It's about time you stepped up to the plate! It's your turn to bat!!!" :lol: :lol:

Keep coming back!

Dallas
:lol: :lol:
P.S. Is that better? :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby DebbieV » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Still have the same sponsor, sometimes not so wonderful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was a 'tone' to what you wrote Dallas. Are you saying I don't take compliments well? Are you saying I act like a kid? Because god knows I'm no spring chicken. There just seemed to be a 'tone' :wink:

I think I wrote a long post about how wonderful my sponsor is, someplace in here. I still believe everything I wrote.

And OH MY God, I cant take a complement if my life depended on it. The happier I am the more I am getting. The thing I am noticing is, that when I get a new compliment, I start asking myself where it came from, and then I start saying, maybe they are right, and my confidence level comes up a little. 2 months ago, I don't think I had any confidence left. I cant say enough about doing the steps, THEY JUST WORK, in ways I had no idea to even expect (expect the unexpected makes since to me today also) Life is so good today.
I hope all you wonderful alkies are having a great day.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:00 am

There was a 'tone' to what you wrote Dallas.

I started to write it to the key of C#
Then I decided to change it to key E.
But, that seemed a little too intense,
so... I went back and edited it to the tone of L!
As in LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, now that I tried the "tone" of L -- hoping for LOL,
I got an L -- as in "I lost it again!" :lol:

My first "hunch" this morning was to log on and delete my message above -- before you got a chance to see it -- and before the Moderators "heard" something in a "different tone"... as they "looked at my words." :lol: :lol: :lol:

It amazes me how alcoholics can hear with their eyes!

It's called OCRM in the psychiatric journals. It's our Omnipotent Capacity to Read Minds.

:lol: I'm just joking dang it!!! Laugh!!! :lol:

Haven't you read that cheerfulness and laughter make for usefulness? And, don't take yourself or others -- so damn serious! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby garden variety » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:26 pm

Dallas wrote:It's called OCRM in the psychiatric journals. It's our Omnipotent Capacity to Read Minds.

Now that really made the Weaties come through my nose! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
garden variety

Postby DebbieV » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:47 am

Dang Dallas do you really think I take your serious? If that is the case then this may apply to you more than me:
I'm just joking dang it!!! Laugh!!!

Haven't you read that cheerfulness and laughter make for usefulness? And, don't take yourself or others -- so damn serious!

I hope people don't take me serious when I am giving someone crap. I have been in such a happy place, and full of life, that I just feel like having fun all the time. How can you not have fun when you feel this damn great? :D

I tried to explain it tonight, the feeling, and what I came up with is, it is like being in love, but not with a man, with life..AA...God...ME :shock: yep even myself.....How great is that? Who would have thought, the greatest gift I ever received would be to get sober? Yes....before anyone may jump on that, I mean getting sober, staying sober, working the steps, having God in my life.....ALL OF IT......( just in case my sponsor reads this, I do know it is more than just putting the booze down. :D )

Debbie
DebbieV

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories