- What's in my way

What's in my way

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

What's in my way

Postby 918gma » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:28 pm

I was having a spell where I didn't feel like I was progressing any. That the growth or the closness to my Hp wasn't as strong as I had felt in the past.

I talked to a friend about it after a meeting the other night, and he sugested asking my HP to remove the obsticals that stood in the way of my being of maximum service to him. So I did. Guess what I discovered. I was in the way, as usual. Thank God, I'm still sick and I still need this program.

Since that night I have done my Fourth and Fifth step which I put off way too long, and am back on the road again, to coin a phrase. Thanks for keeping me sober Kathy (Crazy Gma, and always will be)
918gma

Postby crickit » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:13 pm

Good Job Kathy;

My sponsor goes through that every now and again. I told her that's one relationship she can't 'work on'. You just have to let go and let it happen. Surrendering of will and our lives over to our higher power is what empowers us to do the gods work.

I know I make that sound more simple than it is to some but it's what worked for me :D

HAPPY 24 HOURS

Crickit
crickit

Peaks and Valleys

Postby JR » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:50 am

One of my favorite things to do is go hiking. I always feel really close to God when I am in nature. The higher you go up a mountain, the less growth you see. At the very top of very tall mountains, nothing much grows at all.

Down in the valleys is where you find things growing the most. Lots of rich soil and oxygen and water.

I noticed my personal growth is the same way. When I'm up in the peaks it's easy to kick back and enjoy the view. But, the low spots in life are where the growth takes place. As an alcoholic I know my lows or when I am in some kind of emotional pain, that is when I am able to focus on my program of action.

Bill W. said it best "pain is the touchstone of spiritual growth".

Easy Does It,

JR
JR

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:44 am

And remember....

"Feelings are not Facts!"

"Feelings are what we have as a result of our perception of what the Facts are."

Imagine this. True story. Many years ago a homeless person died in the cold of winter, with no hot food or shelter.

When they did an autopsy on the poor homeless person, they found $1,000, sewn into the seams of his trousers.

Obviously, the original owner of the trousers had the money sewn in there for his own reasons... and forgot that it was there.

The poor homeless person... was sitting on the solution to his problem, all along... he wasn't poor after all, because he had with him more than enough money to buy a warm room and a warm meal, on the night that he died from the cold elements outside.

Imagine that.

Our reality and our experience is a result of our perception of the facts... not the facts.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby crickit » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:02 pm

I noticed my personal growth is the same way. When I'm up in the peaks it's easy to kick back and enjoy the view. But, the low spots in life are where the growth takes place.

That's the perfect analogy JR. I like to go for walks myself so I can really relate to that.

"Feelings are not Facts!"

"Feelings are what we have as a result of our perception of what the Facts are."

Dallas, that is so true. I have found, thanks to you, that when I change my perception of things I can be in charge of my own happiness. No more analyzing whether the glass is full or half empty. If I look at it only half empty I'm always tempted to try to fill it. When I look at it have full, I can be happy for what is.

HAPPY 24 HOURS
crickit
Last edited by crickit on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crickit

Thanks Guys

Postby 918gma » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:33 pm

I feel so much better having gotten that fourth step done. Things became much clearer.

To Quote an old friend that we all know. It takes action to keep this program rolling.

I just hate admitting he's right, he's such a stnker about it. LOL. :D :D :D

It's true though. It's a never ending process and we have to keep at it if we want the growth to happen.
918gma

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity