- What Alcoholics Anonymous -- means to me.

What Alcoholics Anonymous -- means to me.

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Postby Dallas » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:31 pm

Happy Sunday, to you, too!!!

Enjoy the speaker meeting! Wish I could be there, too!

I've always gotten a lot more out of speaker meetings... over any other kind of AA meetings. I get to pause, relax and listen, and then ask questions after the meeting. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby littlemiss » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:56 am

So Frustrating!!!!!

So, I TRY go to the meeting yesterday and NO ONE is there! Apparently, the A.A. website meeting directory on-line is so woefully out-of-date!!!
A friend read me some meeting times from the printed 3/07 meeting brochure she has--it's totally different than on-line! Now, you'd THINK they'd update the lst!

OY!
I can go to meetings in S. Pasadena/ San Marino or Pasadena...

WHERE can I find an up-to-date listing for S. Calif.?

Thanks!!!!!
LittleMissFrustrated...:)
littlemiss

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:37 pm

Hey Littlemiss,

Go to www.step12.com/california.html

Scroll down till you find the Central Office or Intergroup telephone number for the area that you are interested in -- and, give them a call. The most accurate meeting info can be had through the phone. Sometimes, meetings close, move, or temporarily will not be held. Often, the Intergroup or Central Office will be notified first. (Although, not always).

The websites... just like the phones... and even with meetings... are all a volunteer effort.

I used to list individual meetings here at Step12.com -- but with tens of thousands of meetings -- and thousands of changes each week -- I decided it was best to connect people with the Intergroup, Central Office or Hotline telephone numbers.... or, else... it would take thousands of hours to keep the lists up to date. :lol: And, once a person to person connection has been made over the telephone -- often, one alkie might meet the other alkie at the meeting.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby littlemiss » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:56 pm

Thanks, Dallas...I just assumed the website would be accurate...I'll call today!
littlemiss

Postby Danni » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:32 am

Dallas, thank you for this wonderful and inspiring mesage. As I read your message it felt as though you were writing about me and the way that I feel. We share the same thoughts and many of the same feelings and I feel lucky that I have had the opportunity to land on this space with you.

In the Fellowship of the Spirit,

Danni
Danni

Postby Dallas » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:44 am

Thanks, Danni! Ditto!!!!!!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories