- Sorrow and sadness - the passing of Joe McQ

Sorrow and sadness - the passing of Joe McQ

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Sorrow and sadness - the passing of Joe McQ

Postby Dallas » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:34 pm

October 25, 2007

It is with deep sorrow and sadness
that we announce the passing of
Joe McQuany.

Joe McQ -- of the Charlie & Joe Big Book Study & tapes.

To learn of the passing of Joe McQ, is about as close to me as losing my sponsor.

When I first heard of Joe, it was through the Joe and Charlie Big Book study. I was struggling and failing at staying alive and staying sober. I knew that A.A. was not going to work for me. I had tried, before. Joe McQ passed on to me the message of hope and recovery in the Big Book, and it was through Joe, that I learned that the 12 Steps were to be "tooken"! There is no doubt in my mind, that if it wasn't for what Joe McQ passed on to me, I would not be sober today.

Thank you, Joe, for the wonderful life I have today, as a result of you explaining the A.A. program of recovery to me -- so that I could be sober, happy, joyous and free. For the last 20 years, I have been able to stay sober and pass on the message -- that you passed on to me.

And, to Joe's loving wife and family -- thank you for sharing Joe with me. You and your family are in my prayers and in my gratitude.

Dallas B.

Click here to leave your Condolences
www.serenitypark.org

Joe McQuany Visitation & Funeral Update

Wake and Viewing:
Wednesday October 31, at the
9 A.M. - 9 P.M.
Wolfe Street Center
1210 Wolfe Street
Little Rock, AR 72202 Phone (501)372-5662
www.wolfestreet.org

Family Visitation:
Wednesday October 31, at the
Wolfe Street Center
1210 Wolfe Street - Little Rock, AR 72202 Phone (501)372-5662
6 P.M. - 7 P.M.
www.wolfestreet.org

The Funeral will be held on Thursday November 1, 2007 - 11 A.M.
Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church
4823 Woodlawn Avenue
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
www.phumc.com

Note: If you are going, or will be in Little Rock, and would like to meet before or after the funeral service, contact me by Private Message, or use the form at: www.step12.com/contact.html

Last edited by Dallas on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby DebbieV » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:10 am

Hey Dallas,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Joe. Kind of sent a mood over A.A. in Fort Smith, Ar in the last few days.

I don't know of any other speaker who was more loved around this area than him.
I'm sure other areas are the same, I just haven't been there to see.

My thoughts are with the ones who he helped, who loved him, and his family. And, they are with you too Dallas, I am sure it has been a hard weekend for you.

I also wanted to say thank you to you Dallas, for giving me the opportunity to know him through tape, I will always be grateful to you and Joe & Charlie.

He is now one of the ones you read to me about on page 164 in the BB.
And I hope I and many others, always know "We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny."

"May God bless you and keep you---Until then."

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:12 pm

There is a wonderful tribute to Joe McQ that came out a couple of days ago (November 8th) in the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbc ... /111080001
Tim

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories