- Sad News

Sad News

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?

Sad News

Postby 918gma » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:31 pm

I recieved an e-mail from a friend in the program a few days ago that made me a little sad. I thought it would be a good idea to place it here in hopes of giving those of us that knew of him a moment to reflect on his work.
Joe Mcuan from Joa and Charlie passed away Thursday of last week. These two men have devoted numerous hours over the years to service work. Anyone that has had the opportunity to hear the Joe and Charlie tapes or Cd's, know what a big help they could be to sorting out the Big Book.
I know for me, they made things much more clear when I first got sober. I loved listening to them while I was strugling through the steps the first time. They still are a great resouce to me.
They used to do a lot of speaker circutting as well. I know he will be sorly missed by all, especially Charlie. Anyone that was priviledged to see them always have great stories to tell. They used hummor alot. I know for this alcoholic to laugh is to relate, and to relate is to admit, and know to ask for help.
If anyone else has any stories to tell, about these two fine men, I for one would like to hear them.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm on trail today... :wink:

On both of these page links below, here on this site, there is a link to a message board where you can leave condolences, and words of gratitude for Joe McQuany.

Sorrow and sadness - the passing of Joe McQ
www.step12.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=891

and...

www.step12.com/

I'll be in Little Rock, Wednesday and Thursday for the Memorial and the Funeral -- and it would be great if you can join me.

Dallas

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Joe McQ certainly helped a tremendous amount of people and spoke about the Steps in an easy-to-understand manner. Prayers to his loved ones.
anniemac

Return to Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety