- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLAS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLAS

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLAS

Postby DebbieV » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:02 pm

Man 21 years.......Congratulations 21 times over.....

I have watched you and listen to you in meetings, I can honestly say I have never meet anyone more passionate for this program and helping newcomers than you....

I also have always heard you speak out of the Big Book, that is one of the main reasons I love the book today, you taught me the value of it and to charish it like my life depended on it....Come to find out it does. :wink:

You have saved my life, and countless others, without ever expecting or wanting a thank you.

I have seen you help God knows how many people on here.

And all of that in just the short time I have know you.

I can't tell you how grateful I am to call you my friend.

I can't tell you how grateful to you I am for reaching out to me, when I was out of my mind trying to get and stay sober.

I will never be able to thank you enough for putting me on the path you did, and giving me the opportunity to carry the message, you so lovingly (and sometimes harshly when I was stubborn) carried to me.

You are a true child of God's, with a gift like no one else I know.

Keep up the good work Dallas.

I hope to learn from you for another 21 years.

And you are going to have to just deal with the thank yous and the praise...you may not like it but you deserve it. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLAS!!!!!!!!!

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby Dallas » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:16 pm

Gee, thanks Debbie.

That's about the nicest thing I've ever had anyone say about me!

Kind of brought tears to my eyes. :oops:

I appreciate all that you do, also!

Thank you, for staying sober and passing it on!!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby carol1017 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:24 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DALLAS!!!

You are an inspiration!

Best wishes for continued, contented sobriety!
carol1017

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:20 am

Thanks, Carol!
Dallas
Site Admin

Happy Birthday Dallas B.

Postby Danni » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:43 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLAS!

I’m sorry I couldn’t be there to celebrate your big 21! My work has kept me extra days in L.A. and I won’t be back home until the weekend. I did make it to the PG speaker meeting tonight and it was awesome.

You are the most incredible person that I’ve ever met!

I wish this to be your best year ever and I look forward to seeing you soon!

With love and hugs,

Danni
Danni

Postby garden variety » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:24 am

OK Buddy - 22 years is out of the question! Never happen! :evil:

(That's a little bit of that Akron/Cleveland AA brutality)

From my innermost heart, you have my best wishes and congratulations on your birthday. That is beautiful, and it really helps me to see the comments of folks that see you in person doing what you're supposed to do out there yonder in Arkansasland. God bless you my friend. One day I might reach that age if God's willing and the river don't rise - and of course I keep on taking the actions that you and countless others before me suggest.

I haven't met you yet, but I know you have heart, and lots of it.

Thanks for showing me how it works.

God bless always,
Paul
garden variety

Postby anniemac » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Congratulations, Dallas, on 21 years!! Thanks for all that you do....
anniemac

Congratulations Dallas B.

Postby Tina L. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:03 pm

Congratulations Dallas B.!

Thank you for all that you have done for me and many others that I have met and for all of those people that I have not met yet. Thank you for all that you do for A.A. and for the web sight. My heart and my thoughts and my prayers are with you. I hope you got your package yesterday. Please do not be upset I just wanted to do something nice for you.

Tina L.
Tina L.

Postby Don G. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Dallas don't let all this stuff go to your head! You're still a new comer until your 25! ha ha ha ha!

I remember when we used to take bets on how long you could make it! People lost a lot of money when you got 30 days and we asked for a re-count! hahaha!

The stuff these women are writing tells me I better warn you to be careful! Don't forget that the longer you're sober the harder the fall!!! Kid, you wouldn't make it another time around!

Congradulations Dallas. We never thought you could do it. I wish you many many more sober years to come. I've heard some good things about you but you must be paying these people to put it in writing! hahahaha!!! I know your sensitive. I'm just joking with you so don't go slit your wrist over it. hahahaha!

Keep on doing what you're supposed to be doing. You know that it's harder to do that when they say bad things about you and they are unfounded. A.A.'s can get mighty jealous and mighty vindictive when we do what we're supposed to do and people start to recognize it. If you don't believe that just look at what some people have tried to do to your sponsor. It's not supposed to work this way but when you get really active for A.A., somebodys always going to be trying to pull you down to their size. Keep that A.A. fire in your heart and in your gut and God will see you through to the finish line.

Hang in there kid! Don't ever leave!

Don
Don G.

Postby Hope » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Happy sober birthday Dallas.

I saw it was your Birthday and the least I could do is wish you a happy birthday. This is hard for me to write here instead of an email. You have done so much to help me and this is the least I could do is to wish you happy birthday here.

I pray for you always. You have been my best friend.

Hope.
Hope

Next

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories