- I'm off to start my 4th step.

I'm off to start my 4th step.

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

I'm off to start my 4th step.

Postby ATL-Male » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:54 pm

Going to Barnes & Noble to sit and clear my mind and try to recall my life from beginning to current.

Am using the 7 clancy questions here to get started.

Say a quick prayer for me.

Thx.
ATL-Male

4th Step

Postby jimvbaumann » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:12 pm

Hey ATL-Male: Hope it went well with your fourth.

I'm in the middle of my fourth now. The Clancy questions helped me some. Anything to get us writing, right. I used some worksheets downloaded from the web - I think it may have even been from this site - plus other prompts from a recovery book I have at home. I also did my life story. A lot of writing, but well worth it.

On the advice of my sponsor, I now have to go back over it, do some revising and make sure I'm getting all the important stuff. Better to be fearless and thorough from the start. I know that this is important. My last time in, I did a half assed fourth, which led to a half assed fifth which led to me being back there. So I can attest to how important this step is. It really is the first action step and needs to be taken seriously.

I hope a lot of good comes out of your fourth, ATL. You deserve it.

Jim
jimvbaumann

Postby crickit » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:12 am

Well I just got through my 5th finally. OMG I thought doing the 4th was the hard part. When I actually had to sit and admit everything openly I felt all the guilt and shame and remorse and self pity all over again. I feel so drained I can't even describe it. My sponsor says this is perfectly normal and take all the time I need to let it all sink in and tomorrow morning we will talk about the 6&7. So that gives me about 10 hours. Not what I would call "all the time I need".

So I'm going to grab my BB and curl up in bed and read for a while and try to get grounded.

BB
Crickit
crickit

Don't need it

Postby 918gma » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:39 am

Yes you feel drained, but you will realize you also feel lighter. Now all that crap you were carrying is in a beg and ready to be taken out to the trash. Thanks to the steps. Have a great recovery. Gotta go to work
918gma

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery