- Has the meaning of friendship changed for you

Has the meaning of friendship changed for you

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Has the meaning of friendship changed for you

Postby 918gma » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:42 pm

Since being in the program, I have discovered that friendship has taken on a whole new meaning for me.

I didn't have many friends left when I got sober. I wasn't exactly the friendlyiest person in town.

Since I have been in the program, that has changed. I have had to learn both how to be and to have good friends. I think it starts with getting a sponsor. Thats where I learned a lot from.

They want you to call daily, no matter if things are going good or not. They want to hear from you. From that we learn that we need to stay in contact with the people in our lives that we can trust, that mean some thing to us.

Then it goes on to others. When you don't show for a meeting or you don't look or sound yourself, they want to know if your ok.

Having friends I think has turned out to be one of the greatest gifts sobriety has brought me. And I would to like to take a moments and thank all of you for being a part of my sobriety and teaching me about how to be a good friend.
918gma

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics