- Oh Yeah - ACTION!

Oh Yeah - ACTION!

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Oh Yeah - ACTION!

Postby garden variety » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:05 pm

Hey Dallas?

I think I just had one of them "lights going on" moments about action keeping me sober.

Now it isn't that I haven't been taking actions.

And you know I don't always have to understand why things work the way they do. But the light just comes on anyway.

Action keeps me from being lazy. If I'm being lazy sitting on the couch, I'm not growiing spiritually. Which means that I'm not enlarging and perfecting my spiritual life through work and helping others. And if I fail to do that, then you know what "surely" happens.

Being lazy is a natural thing. Taking actions is not. So I don't have any other choice but to grow spiritually if I'm taking actions that help others. It's as simple as going backwards instead of forward, except its easier to go backwards. So going forward is actually where the actions happen.

It even makes sense now about what you always say about being wired backwards. I'm wired backwards too - just like you! Instead of going forward, I seem to naturally want to start off going backwards which is being lazy.

Imagine that? Being wired the same way as Dallas. I must be an alcohlic or something for that to make sense, but it really does. :wink:
garden variety

Postby DebbieV » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Thanks Paul...I miss seeing you post so I was reading a few old ones.

Good reminder for me today. And guess what else....Talking about taking actions isn't the same as actually taking them.... Imagine that.

Debbie
DebbieV

Re: Oh Yeah - ACTION!

Postby Toast » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:46 pm

As long as i remember that action doesnt stop when i get home from a meeting then things will work out fine.
Toast

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity