- Step 5?

Step 5?

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby eastcoastscott » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Well, success! I did the 4th step (material from Dallas) and went over it all today with my Sponsor. I left NOTHING out, complete honesty and it felt great. It took a couple hours and we covered a lot of ground. I then followed the steps above (Dallas's post) and set my watch for 60 minutes. I sat on a cushion on the floor with the lights out and some soft meditation music playing in the background. I meditated and reflected on all the material I covered. I felt strange for the longest time, but in a nice way, almost like I had no body, just a mind. I became conscientious of the time and decided to peek at my watch. Damn thing didn't go off that I could hear and an hour and a half had gone by!!!!. I continued on with the readings, steps 6 and 7 and hoped like heck that I didn't screw things up by going into overtime. What an awesome experience indeed, I am pleased and excited about this. I later went to the rehab center that I went through in December, to meet with my counselors. I told them of the experience, they were happy with my progress so far...so am I and I thank you good people very much for that.

Scott
eastcoastscott

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:28 pm

Congratulations Scott!!! Thanks for sharing your experience. For me, it was really awesome!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby garden variety » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:41 am

Congratulations Scott!

Keep up the great work and enjoy the life that is coming your way today!

God bless.
Paul
garden variety

Postby Susan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Congratulations Scott!! It took me back to when I did my Th step. You now walk in the light. :D
Susan

Postby GeoffS » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Well done Scott. You seem to be making great progress.

7 sorts the men from the boys right enough, and 8/9 is where the rubber hits the road!

Good luck and keep moving!!
GeoffS

I DID my 5th Step on Thursday!!!!!!!

Postby littlemiss » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:16 am

Ann Marie, Alcoholic...

I did my 5th step & it took Allllllllllllllllll Day...lol! It was really good, though. For ME, well, I knew the tough part was going to be that I was going to be talking about a lot of emotional grief stuff...(I have been through a baby dying, miscarriages, etc.)

I went to my sponsor's house & we had lots of snacks & tissues...

Interstingly, I wasn't freaked out about doing it...Only in the VERY beginning a few months ago cuz I just didn't GET IT--what it WAS/HOW to do it...

So, I'm here to say, One CAN/WILL survive it....YAY!
littlemiss

Postby Susan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:14 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is something I could never quite describe. I only understood after I did it. Keep up the good work. :D
Susan

Postby Calhoun » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:50 am

Calhoun here alcoholic/depression: I have so many shortcomings and defects to admit to that it is truly embarassing at times to think of them. But here goes- I'm selfish I wan't my viewpoint to be the "only one that is right"- I'm impatient with those who don't work like I do,right now I have a young man working with me and he just doesn't know how to work- I've tried to be easygoing but I've lost my patience with him and am almost rude to him Why can't he act right?- I can't understand why others can't sober up and I'm just one drink away from being like them- Just a few of my shortcomings. More to come later
Calhoun

Postby garden variety » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:11 am

Hi Calhoun,

Good to see ya. Thanks for being honest and coming here for some help. I totally understand what you are talking about.

There is a story in the book that always helps me when I'm in the same predicament that you are. It's Dr. Paul O's story. In the book it's the story called "Acceptance is the Answer". It can be found on page 407.

Read it out loud if you want. That story cracks me up with his humor, but the message is one of the best messages in the book. Go ahead and give it a shot and let us know if it helps.

God bless and "Easy does it".
garden variety

Previous

Return to 12 Steps