- God shots

God shots

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

God shots

Postby musicmode » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:29 am

My name is Anne, I'm an alcoholic,

For one moment in time, I'd love to have had all of you stand with me outside tonight to see what I saw. The northern lights are absolutely spectacular. I couldn't see them all from where I stood cuz they were all around me: on top/above me, to my left, and to my right. They were whispy and seems to swirl and dance. The colors, too..pink, and blue and green. I know that "scientifically", it's all illusion and reflections of the sun, but from where I stood, God as I understand Him was throwing one doozy of a light show. Breathtaking and awesome. The ones above me looked almost so close, like you could reach up and touch them. If that ain't of God, I don't know what is. Wish ya'll could be here to see it. I am extremely grateful to be sober.

In the Spirit of the fellowship,
Anne
musicmode

Postby Dallas » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Thanks for sharing that Anne.

I understand. :wink:

Thank you for reminding me... that there is another way I can feel euphoric... or spiritual... and, that's by going out at night and looking at the sky!

I have seen some pretty great stuff... but, I've been told before... that there is nothing like looking at the sky up in the north, near where you live! Hopefully, someday I'll get to experience it... and hopefully, it will be while I've still got one good eye to see it with! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Mon May 12, 2008 1:33 am

:D :D :D

I remember when I lived in UK up north, one time stumbling home drunk and seeing the northern lights. you can imagine what it did to my brain after a bottle of firewater!

Would love to see them now again sober...
GeoffS

Postby Dallas » Mon May 12, 2008 6:29 pm

I'd love to be up there instead of here experiencing one thunderstorm after another! :lol: It's already totalled both my cars and did a huge bunch damage to my house... and the Weather Guy says another one is on the way tomorrow! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where do I sign-up for a trip to the Northern Lights? :wink:

And, why is He picking on me? :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Mon May 12, 2008 8:15 pm

Dallas wrote:
And, why is He picking on me? :lol: :lol:

Dallas

:twisted: Because He can!
GeoffS

Postby garden variety » Tue May 13, 2008 10:26 am

GeoffS wrote::twisted: Because He can!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!
garden variety

Postby Dallas » Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm

:mrgreen:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Calhoun » Wed May 14, 2008 11:19 am

Calhoun here alcaholic/depression :I've been reading in the Big Book and for those who have never read it I suggest you do. It is our alcaholics "Bible". I was just reading WE AGNOSTICS and for those who have trouble acceting the idea of GOD or HP this should answer all your questions and leave you defenseless against resisting the concept of GOD. Thanks for letting me share
Calhoun

Postby Dallas » Wed May 14, 2008 11:50 am

That's an awesome suggestion. :wink:

When I read Chapter 4, We Agnostics... and consider that it was written by a sober alcoholic with less than three and a half years sobriety... that had trouble all his life with any kind of "God idea"... it makes me wonder how he could have written such a profound spiritually oriented masterpiece of literature. The Chapter could be individually bound as a separate book -- and stacked up to match the quality and depth of any spiritual book that I have ever read. It's one of those chapters of a book that keeps on giving.

For anyone that has trouble believing in Intelligent and Invisible Powers greater than their self... I suggest getting a couple of magnets and spend an afternoon playing with them. (Or... stick your finger in a light socket and turn the switch on... to see what an Intelligent Invisible Power feels like! But, remember -- it won't work if you only think about it and don't work it!) :lol:

Or, get one of those remote GPS gadgets... and play with that for a while. And, explore the idea of where the Intelligence came from that could organize natural laws and physics... to make it possible for the gadget to work. :wink:

Or... consider the facts that math was not invented.... it was something that had been around longer than the history of man... and it was discovered by man... rather than invented by him.

Perhaps we have only scratched the surface of the things not seen -- that are still waiting for discovery.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

My latest God Shot

Postby georgewchilds » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Anne's story about the Northern Lights reminded me of what happened just a few days ago.

I gave my 4th step inventory to my sponsor and we went over it for my 5th step. I felt relieved when we finished, and a sense of catharsis.

Later that evening I was driving with my daughter to pick up my wife to go to dinner. Suddenly I saw a huge rainbow coming down from the clouds just on the other side of the bridge I was crossing.

I smiled and then laughed at such an affirming God Shot. :D
georgewchilds

Next

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity