- Live and let live? GAG!!!

Live and let live? GAG!!!

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby Dallas » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:19 pm

Two days ago I got a phone call so early in the morning that my Pigeon calling me thought I just had to be sleeping! I later checked the voice-mail and heard the frantic words “Dallas! Uh, you better check the web site right now!â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Tad of a Resentment

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:38 pm

Dallas, nice to be back! :D at meeting tonight. all i could focus on was yours, or i should say our site being down... it reminded me of my weekend homegroup haveing to find another place for a meeting. Dallas! i like your attitude on "Live, and Let Live"... we cannot afford anger, and resentment's... yes, it can very well lead to a drink! early in my recovery i had no idea just what that meant... i shure do now.... Dallas!, is this a case of "Justified Anger?" the piece of S#@T'S... well Dallas, that's yesterday's "new's" i'm happy to be back... this is a wonderfull site... Rusty's Home bless all, and "Until Then" xoxo Rusty ps. Dallas, can i get my rust colored zipper back? hum :?:
Rusty Zipper

Hello again!

Postby new2this » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:13 am

Hi Dallas!

Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for getting the site back up so quickly. When I saw that it was down, I was pretty crushed. Mostly because I'm selfish and didn't want to lose touch with some of the truly amazing people I've 'met' through this site!

It's pretty neat that people "keep coming back". :D :D :D

Thanks so much for all you do!

And also...... Hi Rusty!!! It's so great to see you're still here! 8) YAY! :wink:

Take Care All,

Cathy
new2this

Postby crickit » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:45 pm

I agree, it's so good to be back. When I can't physically get to a meeting or I'm just in hybernation mode I can still keep in touch with the outside world right here. This forum has become an important part of my life.

As far as the hacker goes, let go and let the gods. Karma will take care of the issue so you are able to let it go. Anger does more damage to us than to the one it is directed at. It just goes to show that there are people out there that do not want us to get better but we are living proof that the program works and no hacker can take that away from us.

Glad to see everyone back.

HAPPY 24 HOURS

Crickit
crickit

Postby Dallas » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:53 am

It's very good to see you back, also Crickit!!!

It's always great to read your messages and know what's going on with you. It's also been awesome watching you grow through the things that you've had on your plate!!! Real proud to know you and I'm so happy that you keep coming back and participating by posting!!! I'm sure that your messages help a lot of people, besides me. We get a couple hundred people each day who come through here reading the messages.

Keep coming back and keep participating in your recovery!!!

Best to you,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby crickit » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:31 am

Why thank you very much Dallas. You are too kind. It's so glad to be back. I'm so greatful you were able to find me. The gods work in mysterious ways. Sometimes it's easier to help others than it is to help myself. I'm great at giving advise but have to practise more on the taking of it LOL. (but you already know that, right Dallas LOL)

BTW, I'm chairing my first AA meeting next week. I am so nervous. But it's a great group and I'm sure they will be patient with me.

Happy 24

Crickit
crickit

Postby Dallas » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:40 am

Crickit, congrats!!! That's wonderful that you'll be chairing your first meeting next week!!!

That's one of the awesome things that I've watched about you... not only did you get active and participate here on Step12.com (which helps me stay sober :lol: ) You've been getting more active in your group and meetings, and the volunteer stuff!!! That's awesome, girl!!! Keep it up!! That's what works the best!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:54 am

I'm a new member on this forum. I found this by doing a google search for alcoholism 12-step forums. I'm an AA member with 8 years of continuous sobriety and actively use the 12 steps.

It's good to be here. I'm sorry to read that the site was hacked. I am a member of a web forum for folks in orthodontic treatment, and that site was hacked, too. We have to realize that there are sick people out there. I don't want to be one of them and prefer well to sick, thank you.

I hope to read, learn, post and get to know some of you.

Tim
Tim

Welcome Tim!

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:52 am

Welcome Tim!!! We're sure glad that you found us and we're glad that you're here! AA Members are especially welcome here at Step12.com :lol:

Congrats on your eight years sobriety!!! As someone who actively uses the 12 Steps, you'll fit right in with us. We are not a real large group, but I've gotten to know all the members who post regularly, and they are a great bunch of AA's who are definitely into the Big Book and the 12 Steps!!!

The things I like most about Step12.com is our members, and the fact that we focus on Alcoholics Anonymous, being of service, sobriety, recovery, the 12 Steps, the Big Book, and we share our experience, strength and hope, as we try to carry the message of AA by example. And, we place a lot of emphasis on going to real-live AA meetings out in the real world.

So... now... we're waiting to hear from you!!! It's your turn to share!!!

Also... Keep coming back!!! If I can help you with anything, or if you have questions about the web site, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby crickit » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:32 pm

Hi Tim; Welcome to the forum. I've only been here a short time and have almost 6 months sobriety. I think you'll find this forum very supportive and informative. I am so greatful I found this site because I have MS and am unable to make it to alot of outside meetings. I find this forum the best alternative to physical meetings and a great addition to my circle of freinds. The people have been so supportive here.

HAPPY 24 HOURS

Crickit
crickit

Next

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery