- 6 months sober

6 months sober

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby crickit » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:39 pm

Thanks gma. It's 8 months today and now I'm looking forward to my 9mth chip. Time is just flying lately. I just finished my 5th and I must say it wasn't as wonderful as I thought it would be. Now I'm working on my defects. This part seems alot more grueling than the 4th and 5th. This is the part that is really opening my eyes.

I need a kick in the pants though. The longer my recovery progresses the better my life has become so much better but it makes less time for meetings and I know that's a mistake that a lot of people make. I'm lucky to get to 2 meetings a week now. But there is a noon meeting that goes on everyday about 1/2 from here so I'm going to look into that one so when I know I can't make it at night there will be one I can go to during the day.

BB
Crickit
crickit

Postby Angel » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:01 am

Hey Cricket.. :D I am looking forward to my six months, so I know how you feel..I think it's wonderful how you have grabbed on to this program with Zeal!!I t sure makes me feel, that there's hope for me after all.. Thanks and keep those post coming..I Sure do Need them.. :shock: Angel.. :wink:
Angel

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:53 am

hey C, how ya? stil finding time to say the Serenity Prayer?. do you have time to hit your knees. do you have time to call your sponser? do you have time to help another alk'y? do you have time to do a little AA reading? oh!!! one added theing. do you have time to practice Rule#62 in your life on a daily basis? i didnt ask if you have time to go to a meeting everyday, cuz you answered that already. these are the sugested things asked of us in order to stop drinking one day at a time. C, after going to one, sometimes two meetings a day, everyday!!! for over two years. its recently that i slowed down my meetings. for me, its about balance right now. C, i hope you know i think the world about you, or anyone else that wants to get sober, be a better person, and wants to help another person with the same problem. i was told by the "Wise Elders" the foundation you make in the begining of recovery, is what will benifit you down the line!!! so C, i'm gunna beat you up a tad. you have a better life righy know huh? your doing some things huh? your feeling better huh? ask your self this question. do i realy not have the time to squeeze in a meeting,or is it inconveaneant to go to a meets? is it alkyholic rationalizing? we always made the time to drink, huh?... C, the monster named addiction will find anyway to get us to use again. try a little harder, have a bit more willingness, be a little more teacable, be a little more openminded! remember also that being sober allows us to have choices. please make the choice to go to more than two meets a week if you can. remember, its your future that you helping, and somone elses.... C, and if you cant, you stil have this site. yes its kinda like a meeting, but realy not the same. C, good wishes as always, love you, and bless. xoxo, Rusty
Rusty Zipper

Meetings

Postby Angel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:46 am

Hey Cricket..Angel here.. :) Congrats on 8 months.. :lol: Rusty's right..Your still young in sobriety..you need to make those meetings as if..YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT..CAUSE IT DOES!!.. Cricket..I once had five yrs. of sobriety back when..I stopped going to meetings, got a resentment (to A.A. no less) Started hanging in a bar..Saying.."I'll never drink again..I've got 5 yrs..Oh yeah I was a big shot alright!!! Didn't take long ..I DRANK AGAIN!!! Stayed out there for 2yrs. and nothing got any better. Please, don't gamble with your life, Sweetie..try to make more meetings.. Love..Angel
Angel

Postby crickit » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:11 pm

Thanks Rusty and Angel. I guess I knew all along what kind of response I was going to get. LOL, I know better than to cut down on meetings. Maybe I was hoping someone would say it's ok LOL. Anyway, I found a brand new meeting last night about 20 minutes from here and it was great. I thought I would feel strange walking into a new meeting for the first time like it was 8 months ago but it's true what they say. Everyone was so nice and welcoming and glad to see me there. Wow, what a relief. On Wednesday I'm trying another new meeting, again about 1/2 hour away but these ones are run out of our addiction center so I'm kind of looking forward to it now because I've heard so much about it. So I'm back to 5 meetings a week now.

I've also put something in place with my sponsor that will help me keep on track. She is going to give me an assignment every week dealing with my recovery and she will make me accountable to have it done every week. So for now, she will decide my 'plan of action' until I'm able to do it for myself. It's just so darn easy to get off track and forget that we are sick. Thanks for reminding me.

HAPPY 24 HOURS
Crickit
crickit

Postby Angel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:03 pm

GOOD DEAL.. :D SO, GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR BACK TO MEETINGS ..KEEP IT UP!! :!: ALSO, THANKS FOR BEING HERE FOR ME..

LOVE THE ANGEL :wink:
Angel

Previous

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery