- More benefits from A.A.’s Daily Inventories

More benefits from A.A.’s Daily Inventories

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby Dallas » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:01 am

Hello Jackie,

Welcome to the site. I'm glad to see that you were finally able to log-in! :wink:

In early sobriety I was definitely restless, irritable and discontented without alcohol. It wasn't until I got down the road in taking the 12 Steps that it ever got any better for me. That's the benefits of using the tools rather than reading about the tools. I didn't know that the Steps were to be taken, before they could be practiced.

Keep coming back!

We're glad you're here.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Kelly » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:35 am

[b]When I was less experienced with A.A.’s Way of Life – I used to get resentful at the A.A. Way of Life! It seemed as though it was always picking on me! Making me out to be the bad guy in all situations – and I would wonder, “how can this negativity directed towards self – bring any kind of positive results?â€
Kelly

Postby Dallas » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi Kelly!!!

I can only read the alcoholic-part of your mind! :lol: It's because I have one, too!!! :wink:

[quote="Kelly"]They learn through trial and error, though mistakes, and sometimes through painful experiences. I think that’s where the old saying “I told you soâ€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jackie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Thank you Dallas and Finch for your input. Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not losing it and things are just progressing normally.Today was a lot better for some odd reason but I stuck to my guns and tried to think positive and avoid a confrontaion I know I'd regret. Finch I'm working on and just completed my ninety days, have found a sponsor of sorts (don't know that this will pan out but I'll give it a good try.I'm trying some new stuff like the gym, at least I'll be a healthy drunk if nothing else! The nightly inventory and prayer bring me some peace and stuff to strive to do better at. Thanks for listening I am getting so much from this forum.
Jackie

Postby Dallas » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:52 am

Nice to hear from you Jackie.

I've got some tools that may be of help to you. If you are interested, let me know and I'll either post them here for you, PM them to you in a private message, or give you the link to them on another part of the site. Just let me know if you're interested.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jackie » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Thank you Dallas. Iwould appreciate any help I can get, so please send the info anyway that is convienent you.
Jackie

Postby Dallas » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Jackie,

It's what I refer to as Clancy's Seven Questions:
www.step12.com/clancy.html

They have been a lot of help to me and to others that I've shared them with.

Clancy was careful to be sure that I understood that they were not to replace the 4th Step Inventory, they are simply to be used to help a person to get started with writing, and to relieve some of the overwhelming pressures that they may have that could drive them back to drinking. It's like temporary help for the moment.

It is important to talk or share with someone after your finished with the writing -- so that you can feel like you've at least gotten it outside of yourself.

It helps.

If you don't have anyone to share with you might want to PM it to one of us here on the site. I don't remember if you said that you have a sponsor or not. If you do, perhaps you would like to share it with her, or maybe another close girlfriend.

I hope it helps you if you decide to use it. Periodically... well, actually often... I continue to use the questions on myself. It helps me with a quick check-up for -- from the neck up -- to see if I'm holding on to something that could cause me a problem or take some of the joy of living away from me -- a few hours down the road.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery