- Wishing everyone a happy sober weekend!

Wishing everyone a happy sober weekend!

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Wishing everyone a happy sober weekend!

Postby Dallas » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Just wanted to log-in and let you know that I hope you're all having a happy, sober, sane, healthy and joyous weekend!

I haven't posted here in the front-end of the forum for the last few days -- because I've been working on the back-end of the forum... writing and installing some new code to try and keep our forum alive and more secure. The attacks from outside sources -- people around the world that seem to have nothing better to do than deface, damage and abuse websites is at an all time high. It doesn't seem to matter to them, that all we're doing is trying to help alcoholics to achieve sobriety and to have a chance at living a productive and happy rest of their life -- instead of living in self-destruction.

Hopefully, our website will still be alive and operating well -- if the time comes and they, or their family and loved ones need or want our help. And, if not -- at least we can save them a seat in a regular A.A. meeting, somewhere on the planet.

It feels good to finally have the work done! A few hours sleep was great! And, now I'm headed outside to get some sun and to do something with the dogs! The weather is perfect for a great sober day in the sun!

I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time here in the front-side of the forum with you all!

Take care. God bless. And, enjoy the day!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tj » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:24 am

Thanks for all of your work, Dallas. The forum helps so many others and I'm sure that it helps you stay sober for another 24. :D

It was beautiful weather here in Spring, Texas, as well, and my dogs and I enjoyed it. Have a wonderful Monday.

Manette
tj

Postby garden variety » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 am

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the great work.

I been involved in some work of my own keeping busier than a "one-legged man in a butt-whoopin' contest".

Take care bro and keep them attacking and abusive vermin from all over the world out of here! Must be one heck of a job to do!
garden variety

Postby Susan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:03 am

Thanks Dallas! You do a great job on this forum 8)
Susan

Postby tj » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:01 pm

Dallas said:

I haven't posted here in the front-end of the forum for the last few days -- because I've been working on the back-end of the forum... writing and installing some new code to try and keep our forum alive and more secure.

It struck me tonight as I was reading this that what Dallas has been doing with the forum parallels what all of us must do each day to stay sober. Sometimes, we have to withdraw from the "front-end" of life (our outer selves) to work on the "back-end" of life (our spiritual selves) so that we can stay alive and be more secure. The "writing and installing new code" is getting rid of our old thinking and replacing it with new thinking. It is the installing of the new code that sometimes gives this alcoholic problems. :?

Manette
tj

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:34 pm

This is a good opportunity for me to extend my thanks to you, Dallas, for your dedication in providing this web site, which is the best 12-step alcoholism-related forum I've seen on the web. Take care and hang in there...Tim
Tim

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:24 am

Thank you. I appreciate your kind comments.
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories