- Whats all this

Whats all this

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Whats all this

Postby 918gma » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:10 pm

Some how, some where, all of a sudden, my 5 scences started working. I can see, touch, taste, hear, and smell. I can also feel. Pain both mine and that of others. But the up side of that, is once I feel it, and go through it, it goes away, and I've learned from it. And then it goes away, slowly naturally, the way it is supose to. Always befor, I tried to block out the pain, and it kept coming back over and over.

I can see trees, mountians, birds, flowers. I hear music. I hear what people are actually saying instead of what I think they mean. I can taste food, there is a down side to that, but with time comes balance. I have the desire to reach out and touch again. To actually feel the contact of another human being.

Does this mean I'm alive. :D :D :D
918gma

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:15 pm

Seconds and inches!!!

Imagine that!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Seconds is

Postby 918gma » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:15 pm

Better than none at all. Some day I'll be a todler
918gma

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:06 pm

"Seconds and Inches"
:lol:

Wasn't referring to growth rate. :lol: Even though, we do grow by "Seconds" in AA! (And, unfortunately, some of us... do grow in inches, round-wise, when we stop drinking!)

"Seconds and Inches" was often said by one of our great AA members who did lot's of speaking in the area that I got sober. His name was Norm A., and he left us to go to the Big Meeting in the Sky (if that's where they have it) the same year that I got sober. He was such a dynamic AA and loved everywhere that he went. I enjoy listening to old tapes of his talks and remembering the fine example that he left for us all.

Norm A., used to refer to "Seconds and Inches" in regards to how close we make our close calls... either with trouble and death while drinking, or by living and sobriety, when we get to answer Life's call!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

emotionless

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:57 pm

hey 9!, Mr BB, da best stuff is yet to come. remember to fasten that seatbelt... emotionless, numb, thats where i was the day i reached out. at the end of step 12 in my 12& 12 i wrote a long time ago. ..." i was born with the right to be happy. i was born with the right to love others, and most importantly, love myself. i was born with the right to enjoy, and share my love. ... i cant resist life passing through me, because that is The Power That Be passing through me. ... just my existance alone, proves the existance of The Power That Be. in TPTB's world, there is no right, there is no wrong. everything is as it should. i dont need to prove anything anymore. just to be! to take a risk, and to try to enjoy life" Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. were in for the ride of our lives! :wink: all my xoxo, Rusty
Rusty Zipper

Thanks guys

Postby 918gma » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:54 am

Sorry about the the growth rate thing. Is Norman A just in your area. I'd like to check him out.

As you know I learn new stuff every day. I love being able and willing to learn. It's an amazing feeling.

By the way, every one will be thrilled to know that I can spell check now, thanks to a mutual friend. See I told you I learn new stuff every day. Was a time when I thought I know it all. Bay was I wrong.
918gma

TPTB

Postby JR » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:03 am

Hey PC, I really liked what you wrote in the back of your 12X12. Everything is just as it should be. Gma, thanks for sharing about becoming more awake.

Yesterday I was sitting on my back porch watching a fat spider spin its web. I live on the edge of a woods and get to see racoons and squirrels and chipmunks. One rainy day a coyote wandered through. As I was sitting and watching the spider I noticed all the flowers I had planted last spring. It hasn't gotten cold enough to freeze them yet, so everything is still in bloom. How did I manage to plant a garden when drinking was my number one priority?

Now, the vine maples and the Japanese maples are turning bright orange and red and there is a beautiful flower garden in my back yard I don't remember planting and probably wouldn't even notice if I was still drinking.

And Sunday I sat down at my piano for the first time in over a year. I'm horribly out of practice, but I was grateful just to have the desire to return to something I enjoy so much. You cannot drink and play the piano unless you are far more talented than I.

Gma, I fully understand becoming more aware of your surroundings and being astonished at what you've missed.

I am truly grateful for the gift of sobriety. I have 60 days today. You all on this forum are part of what is keeping me coming back. I've also found some really good meetings and I have a sponsor that I believe God put directly in my path so I wouldn't miss her.

Easy Does It,

JR
Last edited by JR on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JR

Postby Dallas » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:56 am

Hey JR,

Congratulations on your sixty days!!!

Enjoy the garden that you planted while you were drinking... and enjoy even more, the garden that you're planting in your sober life!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity