- GROUP CONSCIENCE MEETING

GROUP CONSCIENCE MEETING

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

GROUP CONSCIENCE MEETING

Postby schooner » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi Guys/Gals

Can any you great people out there please tell me; How many times can an A.A. member call for a Group Consciense Meeting ?

I've never read anything about how many times. I believe one could call a group consciense every other week.

The 1st. week would be to announce the group consciense will take place in a week or two. In order for everyone in the group to be given a chance to attend.

Please let me know as to what A.A. has to say about this matter.

If you can please direct me to the reading of the correct proceedure of you experiences. Or what GSO has to say about this important matter.

Thank You ALL
GOD BLESS

Schooner 8)
schooner

Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 pm

Hey Schooner,

Your question and the answer to it falls under Tradition Four: "Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or A.A. as a whole."

As Bill W., wrote in the first sentence of his essay on the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions, regarding Tradition Four: "AUTONOMY is a ten-dollar word. But in relation to us, it means very simply that every A.A. group can manage its affairs exactly as it pleases, except when A.A. as a whole is threatened."

Each A.A. group makes it's own decisions about everything that takes place in it's group.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics