- You are missed...

You are missed...

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

You are missed...

Postby Dallas » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:13 am

Hey to all of you!

Just wanted to say "hey" and to let you all know how much I miss your posts.

I hope that everyone is doing well, safe, sane, sober, happy, joyous, and free.

A common daily thought for me, is how much the quality of my life depends on my fellowship and relationship with all of you, and many others on our path. Each day is a day that I have a tremendous amount of gratitude that I have you and we have each other. For me, having you, is one of the greatest of all gifts from God, as I understand Him. I thank you, and I thank God, for you. If I can ever be of help or service to you... just let me know.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby debvan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:33 am

Thanks Dallas

I have not been anywhere but here. Just as I was a closet drinker..........I am a closet participant! I get so much from reading what others write and from the responses given from yourself and others.
However, I have written before for guidance and you have been very kind and generous as well as others.

Thank You Dallas and thanks to this forum where I have received so much toward my sobriety. And Thank God for all he has given me!! Such as a new GRANDSON, Ian Paul, born July 29. It proves to me God wants the world to carry on a little more.

Even with all the rocks and holes I have hit along life's journey which at times has been very bumpy........I would not be who I am today without that bumpy journey and I am just beginning to like me alittle again. And those rocks and holes in my way have brought me to a place of being sane, Sober, happy, well and free. Thanks for asking.

I saw this quote in a meditation book given to me "The brook would lose its song if we removed the rocks." Wow, For me that says a boulders worth.

Dallas have a wonderful day!

Everyone have a wonderful and safe day!

debvan
debvan

Postby tj » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:12 am

Good morning, all,

Debvan and Dallas thanks for your posts. I miss the posts, as well. I first found this forum last September and it has been a life saver for me at times. I am grateful to all of you for that.

Debvan, congratulations on your new grandson and thanks for the quote about the brook. I am going to share that with others. Dallas, thanks for your devotion to the fellowship and willingness to be of service. You have provided me with an example of service that I will probably never achieve, but can always strive for.

Say a prayer for the safety of the folks along the Louisiana and Texas coast today. They are about to get alot of rain and wind. Here just north of Houston, it just started raining, but I'm sure we are in for alot more. We needed the rain though and I thank God for that. Have a safe, sober day.

Manette
tj

Postby Dallas » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:35 am

Both of you, with your messages, brought a tingle to my heart, caused the hair on my arms to raise... and I felt like a teary-eye-with-gratitude marshmellow inside. Maybe it's a spiritual experience, because I sure felt a change inside! :wink:

Congratulations, Debvan, on your new position in life as a "Grand-mother"... I am sure that Ian Paul, will someday appreciate all your efforts taken to achieve and maintain your sobriety and to pursue your spiritual objectives. Just think of the positive effects that it will have on him and the others in your family, your neighbors, your community, those in your AA Fellowship family, us, and the others that will be reading your experiences posted here in the forum. You are a real blessing to me and I appreciate you and your participation.

Manette, thank you, also, for your kindness, and your examples of compassion, and strength and hope that you share, and your reminders to remember to pray for others. It has been an awesome experience for me to have the opportunity to watch you grow and your spirituality blossom. I will pray for you and the others that may be affected by the storms. If there is anything that I can do personally to help, or if there is anything we can do here, with the site, to help, please let me know.

I could probably spend many days writing about how each and every member of this forum, that has posted and participated, has brought wonderful and special meanings to my life. On the unique and sensitive ways that each of you have touched me and my life. The many ways that each one of you have been a help to me and caused my living to feel as though I've reached higher ground.

My words could never express my gratitute, and my thanks to God, for each and every one of you! Thank you for helping me!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:03 pm

I have been helped enormously by everyone here. Sometimes just from identifying, sometimes from specific advice, sometimes from helping others, and often from the "wow I never thought of that from that angle" feeling.

Also this forum helps to get me to think more clearly. I don't like posting huge dissertations, so I need to try to focus on exactly what I want to say.

the kiss principle is very important to this alcoholic!!
GeoffS

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity