- The Fourth Movement of Centering Prayer: Evacuation

The Fourth Movement of Centering Prayer: Evacuation

Meditation - a powerful tool for recovery!

The Fourth Movement of Centering Prayer: Evacuation

Postby garden variety » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:02 pm

Usually, the Fourth Movement of Evacuation closely follows the Third Movement of Unloading – sometimes the Third and Fourth Movements happen together or move back and forth “in concertâ€
garden variety

centering prayer

Postby sunlight » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Dear G V , Haven't heard about centering prayer in years! I took a workshop on it 20 yrs ago but was dry & closed & clueless.Still, it opened a door,which I responded to by drinking. I knew God was the answer to my drink problem, but I couldn't stay sober! It took A A to teach me about surrender,humility,service,honesty..... This could be another solution to the slump I've been in. Thanks for the sunlight!
sunlight

Postby garden variety » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:38 pm

Hiya Sunlight,

Thanks for reading and your comments. I hope this helps. It sure made me a totally different man. Someone once told me that centering prayer is like having "steps within a step" that keep unfolding like an onion being peeled back. The coolest thing about this program is that I don't think there is an "end" to the steps or principles.

May God bless your journey today!
garden variety

Return to Meditation and Recovery