- Alcoholic Prayer

Alcoholic Prayer

Share your sobriety jokes and humor here

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:54 pm

We love you too, JR! So glad you're here with us. Thank you for all the time and effort that you give to share yourself, your experience, your strength and your hope with us.

For me, it's really a relief to have all that AA stuff in my head... it's a lot better than what used to be in my head! When people have said to me "you're all brain-washed with that AA stuff" I agree. I needed a good brain-washing, and the AA stuff is a lot better than the stuff I can come up with on my own! Left to my own self, I can walk out the door and forget what my problem is and what the solution is.

That's why I need to go to AA meetings and make 12 Step calls, volunteer, do service work, and help others. If I keep my body where it needs to be, my head will usually follow. And, it needs to be with the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Thank you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Ok

Postby 918gma » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:30 pm

Now every body recite the Alcoholic prayer and lets get out of bed and hope all goes well. Have a great day guys. Rule 62's all around
918gma

my prayer

Postby john boy » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:28 pm

Last week I arose from bed, got down on my knees (which is my practice) these words seemed to have come without conscious and deliberate thought...

"Dear God, please protect me from myself"
john boy

Previous

Return to Sobriety Jokes and Humor