- Doing Step 4 here

Doing Step 4 here

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Doing Step 4 here

Postby GeoffS » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi everyone.

I've been thinking for a while that it might be a useful exercise to go through a step 4 on here. Step 4 always seems to make people a lot more afraid than it really needs to. If you are fearless and thorough and follow the directions given in the BB, then it is a very useful and worthwhile action.

My idea is to post on here my columns as I go through them one by one with my comments on why I write what I do in each section, and to invite comments question and discussion as we go along.

Dallas said 'go for it.' Do people think this might be useful/interesting?

I'll start in a few days if people are interested.
GeoffS

Postby kiltylyn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:54 am

Hi
I think this would be a great idea. I used to hear in the rooms, Oh don't do this step you will get drunk, what a lot of nonscence, this step gave me a new happiness/freedom as promised in our BB. I am as willing today to learn as I was the day I reached my bottom. This would be a great discussion/ topic with each other to keep our BB Alive and also to keep ourselves in a fit spiritual condition
Have a great day
Linda :)
kiltylyn

Postby debvan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:40 am

Geoffs,

A wonderful idea! As a first time sponsor, it would be very useful.
Step 4 is more intimidating going through it with her than I thought it was
for myself.

I am more afraid of not doing something quite right or completely even with the BB open and at my right hand.

I'll be watching for it!

Deb
debvan

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 pm

I'm probably the only one that would disagree that it would be a good idea to do it here on the forum. The reason being that it would be the same as doing your 5th Step with the world viewing it.

I think it would be fine to do "examples"... meaning not something actually in your 4th Step... or maybe one or two things in it that are minor to do here... for the purpose of helping someone by example.

Be careful of what you post online, here or anywhere... someone, somewhere may someday hold it against you. And, we want to solve problems rather than create any new ones.

But, that's just my take on it. I'm not an authority. Just hoping to be helpful.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Ooopsss! Sorry Geoff! I didn't carefully read your post. You were referring to doing an example and not as I thought I read of doing a real live 4th Step online! :lol:

Yes. By all means. Your 4th Step example would be a great idea.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 am

The name of my home group is "JUST DO IT" & that's what I think about your idea!

That's very generous of you. I think it could diffuse a lot of fear about this step. It always helps me to see a visual, especially of things that involve thoughts & emotions.

As long as it's done "in a general way", it should be very useful.

Thank you for sharing!
sunlight

Postby GeoffS » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:08 am

Ok I'll make a start tomorrow.

I'll try to come up with some general examples and go from there. Guess I'll start with refreshing myself on the BB step 4 section.
GeoffS

Postby Jools » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:59 am

Hiya Geoff,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to share with us.

Julie
Jools

Postby eastcoastscott » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Hmmmm, anybody?

I found that the 4th step material on this site's main page, by Dallas, was awesome. I believe that his material is directly from the BB but with more added. Anyway, I'd recommend it.
eastcoastscott

Return to 12 Steps