The Twelve Steps in Reverse
1. I declare my complete control over alcohol and everything else;
and further declare that my life is in perfect order
2. I recognize no power as great as I am; nor any person as
smart as I am, and if you donâ€™t like it come outside
3. I made a decision to run my life and everyone elseâ€™s life
to suit only me - and I pity those who get in my way.
4. I make a searching and through inventory of everyone
other than myself â€“ and find them woefully lacking in all respects;
and I never hesitate to tell them so.
5. I admitted to no one, including, God and Myself, that there could
possibly be anything wrong with me, or my actions.
6. I went to extreme efforts to protect and increase my defects
of characterâ€”and did a little drinking besides.
7. I continued my obnoxious arrogant air of asking no one for anythingâ€”
my Big Mouth was for telling, not asking.
8. I kept a complete list of all persons who had harmed me,
either real or imaginary, and swore to get even with them all.
9. I got even where possible, except when to do so might injure me.
10. I continued to bitch and whine about everything to everyone
and, when I was right, promptly reminded them.
11. I sought through scheming and conniving to materially improve
myself - at the expense of my fellow man.
I never hesitate, when the opportunity presents itself, to bring disaster
and misery to anyone who happens to cross my path.
12. Having had a complete moral, physical, financial and spiritual breakdown,
all of my remaining effort was directed toward dragging those near me -
and dear to me - down to these same depths of despair;
And I did a little drinking too.
Please do not try them! They DO work if you work themâ€¦ and they produce horrible results!
They have been modified slightly from the original which was printed in an old issue of the AA Grapevine.
Hope you enjoy them!