- Adventures before and after

Adventures before and after

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Postby DME39 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi everyone.....I just read this very uplifting stretch of sharing... Thank you so much for giving me a moment of clarity during this crazy holiday season...I remember my counselor once telling me that "I shouldn't believe everything I think"....Dallas is right, it really does influence how you feel and then who you are and how you live your life.....I've been feeling like I spend 90 percent of the time worrying about stuff that i construct within my own mind or about things that i cannot control and 10 percent living in the NOW......it's exhausting and well....I'm just not going to do it anymore :D Thanks everone and have a great 24...Darlene
DME39

Postby kidlizard » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:45 am

Man what a great post I really needed to read this one. My friend once told me I am a VICTIM OF THE FUTURE always worried about whats going to happen.

What a cruddy way to live. Im done. not going to do it today RIGHT NOW Im going to enjoy what I have RIGHT NOW.

Have a nice Day.....unless you have other plans :D
kidlizard

Postby Jools » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Ah, Sun, thanx for the update!

You're such a good Mom and you really work your program.

Darlene, it's good to see you. I miss seeing you around here.

I can so relate to what you're saying about control issues. Let me give you an example. I own a barbershop and it's in a shopping center. I opened it 4 years ago and the parking has been a BIG issue with me since that day. First there was a drug store next door and the employees would park out in front of the shop instead of the designated space for us. I had all the parking I needed out there once they moved out.

THEN...a fitness center moved in. You talk about taking up some parking spaces????? And their employees are the WORST about taking up the front parking spaces. So, I call the management company and ask for two spaces out front designated for the barbershop, because I truly do get a lot of elderly gentlemen in here who can barely make it from their car to the shop. They give me these two spaces and the nail salon next to me too. I was so obsessed with those two parking spaces making sure no one parked in them unless they were coming into the barbershop.

I got a notice this week that folks who lease here have complained and they're removing the signs.

Ya know what, Dar? I finally gave up that obsession. I have NO control over who parks where. How important are parking spaces in the grand scheme of things? I'll just tell the ones who have a hard time getting around to call me first and I'll unlock the back door for them.

When I sat back and saw how absolutely ridiculous it is for me to try to control something I have no control over, how much time and energy I put into it, and the anger I had when someone parked in MY parking space, I realized it was pure T silly of me.

Now I can focus on something else like how grateful I am that I still even HAVE a business when so many don't.

Hugs to you,
Julie
Jools

Previous

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity