- Jim - An Alcoholic

Jim - An Alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Jim - An Alcoholic

Postby Woodstock » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:46 am

I've been watching this forum a few weeks and really enjoy reading the comments expressed; All have something important to share.

I have 2 sobriety dates: 05/03/91 and 05/09/2005; did 5 yrs of research from 02/2000 to 05/2005.

I learned when a relapes starts (before the first drink). Don't take my medicine (12 steps) on a daily basis, the rationalization will kick in and convince me since I feel good and haven't practiced the principles and still not drinking I must not be an alcoholic. Then one day the insanity sets in and I place myself defenseless against the first drink.

I took my sobriety for granted and grew complacent. I'm back now, pretty well beaten up. My life is once again improving with the help of my HP and the influence of the AA Fellowship.

I have a whole new attitude today and am reminded of my number one priority - MY SOBRIETY.

Thank you for being here.

Jim
What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. BB, pg 85
Woodstock

Postby JR » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:14 am

Woodstock,

Welcome to the forum. I relapsed after a long period of sobriety as well. I'm glad you found your way back. I like this forum a lot and hope you will keep coming back to it.

Easy Does It,

JR
JR

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:06 pm

hi Wood, nice to see you found your way here. . a great gang here. Lot's'O'Love. blessed i havn't relapsed. or i dare to say yet. i need people like you to do the research for me. i cant afford to not listen to my mommy, and not put my finga in the light socket. :lol: good wishes to ya Jim. xo RZ :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:16 pm

Jim,

Welcome to the forum. Welcome back to AA and to Life. It's good to hear you were one of the few who were able to make it back. I send you best regards for being one of the very very few... that are able to stay and to make it after they get back. As I was talking with a newcomer last night, I was reminded of how tough it was to be a newcomer again. It was so hard on me the last time, that I don't believe I could make it another time. Hopefully, someone in your Group has already told you, like someone in my Group told me, "Just don't leave! It works better that way."

If I can be of help to you in any way, as they say in the South "Just holler!" :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:58 am

Hi Jim ..so glad your back.. :D I did the relapse shuffle as well.. :roll: I came in the rooms in 1993. I went out in 1998..stayed out for 1 yr. Thank God I made it back,but then, after 2yrs. of sobriety, I went back out again (I guess I felt I needed some more research.) Stayed out for about 8 months..came back, but have not been able to stay sober longer than 6 or 7 months..I developed a new habit PILLS. During my absence..I ended up in ICU twice. I'm back now and I just celebrated 6 months..I know I don't have another recovery in me and if I don't make it this time..I won't be back. I feel stronger than I have in the past and I really want to believe I'm done. Only time will tell. Right now I just live "One Day at a Time" Thanks for sharing your story and I hope will hear from you often. Love.. Your Friend in Recovery .. Angel :wink:
Angel

Welcome

Postby Spiritman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:28 pm

Willingness
Enlightenment
Love
Concentration
Opportunity
Maturity
Encouragement

Pax,
Spiritman
Spiritman

Postby Angel » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:05 am

THAT'S REALLY AWESOME ..I NEVER SAW THAT BEFORE..

THANKS..LOVE ANGEL :D
Angel

Postby Dallas » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:30 am

Spritman, Thanks for sharing that!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Woodstock » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:45 am

Thank you for all your kind words.
Woodstock

Postby Dallas » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:52 am

Woodstock! Thank you for checking in!!! We want to hear from you!

You've got at least a few of us here that want to see you make it... so, we're going to be thinking about you! So, keep checking in and letting us know how things are going.

Just don't leave!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery