- Yet another "sneaky" form of alcohol: Grey Poupon

Yet another "sneaky" form of alcohol: Grey Poupon

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Yet another "sneaky" form of alcohol: Grey Poupon

Postby garden variety » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:20 am

Hello friends,

I had dinner with a friend on New Years Eve, and she served up some cooked ham which was delicious. I had mine without anything, but she asked if I wanted some "Grey Poupon" mustard to dip my ham. I didn't want to dip, but I read the Grey Poupon mustard ingredient list.

White wine. Yes - wine. That form of alcohol that a number of us have drank before, and got drunk. No warnings or anything on the label except the ingredients. "Grey Poupon" also has a "wine" enhanced style with wine mentioned in the mustard's name line. But the Grey Poupon my friend served was "with horsereddish" on the label.

I checked the labels of all the Grey Poupon mustard at the store where I buy grocery. All "styles" of Grey Poupon mustard contain wine as an ingredient. Therefore, all styles of Grey Poupon mustard have an alcoholic content, however tiny it is. I remember what Dr. Silkworth said in "The Doctor's Opinion."

"These allergic types can never safely use alcohol in any form at all..."

Grey Poupon goes on my list of "Unsafe to Use" products.

PLEASE READ LABELS of anything you consume - and stay safe!

God bless.
garden variety

Postby Susan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:52 pm

You and me both!!!!!
Susan

Postby Victor » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:01 pm

:D thanx Paul and Susan I guess them triple decker dagwoods with extra poupon are out of the menu ...funny was wonderin why was feeling really "happy " after me lil sandwich feasts ! LOL actually I use Guldens spicy brown mustard very close to the wine mustard in taste without the wine always a good thing for this alke :wink:
happy new year Paul Susan Sunlight Dallas Geoff Julie Mitchell Michael David Linda Markyb and everyone!!!!!!!!

peace
vic
Victor

Postby Susan » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:23 am

Happy New Year to you also. I am down to just french's mustard.
Susan

Postby Tim » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:19 pm

Susan wrote:Happy New Year to you also. I am down to just french's mustard.

Not only is French's alcohol-free, it is gluten-free, MSG-free and Kosher!
Tim

Postby sunlight » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Pardon me, do you have any insanity or death? :lol:
sunlight

Postby garden variety » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:39 am

Hi again,

I don't know all the types of Grey Poupon there are, but I checked a few months ago in a store called "Marc's" which is where I buy some groceries. All the varieties of Grey Poupon had wine listed as an ingredient. I checked out a whole bunch of other brands, and oddly enough, none of them had wine or alcohol as ingredients.

So substitution is pretty easy for me. There are mustard types a-plenty that don't list alcohol or wine.

My whole point is that it's a healthy practice for me to read labels. It has been suggested from others that I am insane or fanatical, which may or may not be true. So far, I have not been "certified" insane by the state of Ohio.

Bon apetit'
garden variety

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Paul wrote:So far, I have not been "certified" insane by the state of Ohio.

Hey Paul... remember a couple of years ago when a big hunky-dunk broke out on the board and a bunch ran off steaming over the question of "What's certified insanity and uncertified insanity?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then we had a whopper with "alcohol, a little tiny bit of alcohol, etceteras"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Alkies will argue over water and Pepsi if they're given the opportunity! :lol: :lol:

Hey, that reminds me... you and me stuck around and we're still sober.... I'll bet if the state of Ohio knew me as well as California (and a few other states) and somebody had the idea I'd still be sober -- Ohio would have said something like "Dallas? Sober? Now that's a certifiably insane idea!"

The miracles and marvels of A-n-A!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby garden variety » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Yes. I remember those "hububs."

You are so right, alkies will argue about the ingredients in ice cubes, or about who came up with the recipe first! :D :D :D I heard the lady with the recipe for ice cubes died in some country or another. Good thing we still have it here, huh? They even taught my refrigerator how to make those things!
garden variety

Postby Victor » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:19 pm

:D

so my questions is....

which came first the alkie or the alcohol????

peace

vic the certifiable insane one :D
Victor

Next

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober