- Yet another "sneaky" form of alcohol: Grey Poupon

Yet another "sneaky" form of alcohol: Grey Poupon

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby 88sportsman » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Tim wrote:
Susan wrote:Happy New Year to you also. I am down to just french's mustard.

Not only is French's alcohol-free, it is gluten-free, MSG-free and Kosher!

and taste free.
you people really need to find something else to do with your time rather than reading labels to see if some product has a few micrograms of alcohol. talk about trading one compulsion for another.
oh and allow me to introduce myself, i'm pat and have been sober since Aug.7 1993 and have not had one slip due to grey poupon, after shave or deodorant.
88sportsman

Postby GeoffS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:02 am

Hello Pat,

Welcome, thanks for the introduction, I look forward to hearing your E/S/H on many things.
GeoffS

Postby sunlight » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Pat,

Welcome to the forum.

Is there a topic you would like to to discuss?
sunlight

Postby garden variety » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:53 pm

:?:
Last edited by garden variety on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
garden variety

Postby 88sportsman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:35 am

sunlight wrote:Hi Pat,

Welcome to the forum.

Is there a topic you would like to to discuss?

No, no topic. it appears garden variety has all the answers.
88sportsman

Postby garden variety » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:36 am

:?:
garden variety

Postby ccs » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:14 pm

hi pat welcome to the forum
88sportsman,
i'm pat and have been sober since Aug.7 1993 and have not had one slip due to grey poupon, after shave or deodorant.
have you had any slips due to anything else ? if not maybe you could share with us newcomers how you did it and continue to do it I would love to hear some of your experience & strength so that I may have hope of making it to the 15 plus years that you have

God Bless and Luv-2-All cessie
ccs

Re: Yet another "sneaky" form of alcohol: Grey Poupon

Postby marchdreamer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Got rid of my Grey Poupon last weekend. Did you know that vanilla has 35% alcohol? It even reaks of alcohol! I was horrified and have been concious of alcohol in ingredients ever since.
marchdreamer

Postby Dallas » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 pm

One of the first alcoholics that I remember knowing -- used to drink bottles of vanilla when she couldn't get anything else to drink. I was eleven yrs old -- and she was going on 13. At the time I didn't know someone could really get a buzz off of vanilla. And, I didn't know what an alcoholic was then, except all my friends used to say "Yes. She's really an alcoholic."

It wasn't until I got sober that I could actually understand what people meant by "alcoholic". Back then, I just thought it meant someone who drank a lot. ;-)

Early in my sobriety, I decided that I was much more ill than I could comprehend -- and that I had better get really serious about "staying sober" and doing what was necessary for me to do to stay sober -- I started reading labels. And, I still read them. :-)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing! I look forward to reading more from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Yup,

Like you say Keith we also had an old hand who used to take the comunion wine every Sunday, boy did he talk some rubbish on a Sunday night, got so boring you had to trip him up to stop him. Then again he was old in years but not so much in AA time. But he fooled them all into making him chairman of his local intergroup.

He died 2 months back, heart failure?

John
Toast

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober