- FISHING FOR......HELP

FISHING FOR......HELP

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Postby DebbieV » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:36 am

I think I would have to wonder if Dallas was making things up if I wasnt there to experience the things he is talking about if the area he is in.

I am so glad that I was told that meetings didn't keep me sober, I would have never made it out of Arkansas alive. I had to depend on me, a good sponsor, the program of action and God to keep me sober. I not in anyway, nor would I ever say that AA meetings are not a great things. I love my meetings up here in Colorado, but I believe with all my heart that I stayed sober in spite of them in the area of Arkansas I was.

I also am very aware that I have a few resentments to deal with, I don't think anything will cause me to be as disturbed as someone or a group of someones getting in the way of others trying to help newcomers.

Don't give up Dallas, you are in my prayers and I do believe that you are doing the right things there, and a really good man told me the other day 'if you do the next right things, things will turn out OK'

Deb
DebbieV

Postby Dallas » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks Deb! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 pm

We recently had people seriously point out that our District should not distribute AA information to shops doctors etc if they are outwith our area. That is if you don't live in your AA area, you can't carry the message locally.

So we must carry the message to the sick and suffering alcoholic as long as they are in the right area.

:roll:
GeoffS

Postby Dallas » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:52 am

I reckon my area is wherever my body is... as long as my head is still attached and I'm still breathing.

Wouldn't it be interesting... if we prayed to God for help... and He replied with... "Sorrydummy.... I have no one serving your area today. I have a sober member of AA that would be willing to reach out to you -- but, we've got to adhere to the district and area rules!!! Try again some other day at some other place and maybe you'll get lucky!!"

I think Bill W. has something to say about this, that's often posted on a poster in meetings... regarding "if someone reaches out..." :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Spot on Dallas,

as another well known man once wrote about carrying the message:

I do it for four reasons:

1. Sense of duty.
2. It is a pleasure.
3. Because in so doing I am paying my debt to the man who took time to pass it on to me.
4. Because every time I do it I take out a little more insurance for myself against a possible slip.
5. :twisted: Because they live in the right area.
GeoffS

Postby Dallas » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe that was Dr. Bob's son... :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Sponsors Forum