- Dr.BOB`s last Message

Dr.BOB`s last Message

General discussions related to A.A. History.

Dr.BOB`s last Message

Postby ccs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:06 am

Dr. Bob's Last Message
Presented at
The First International Conference of Alcoholics Anonymous
July 28 - 30, 1950 at Cleveland, Ohio

But there are two or three things that flashed into my mind on which it would be fitting to lay a little emphasis; one is the simplicity of our Program. Let's not louse it all up with Freudian complexes and things that are interesting to the scientific mind, but have very little to do with our actual AA work. Our 12 Steps, when simmered down to the last, resolve themselves into the words love and service. We understand what love is and we understand what service is. So let's bear those two things in mind.

"Let us also remember to guard that erring member - the tongue, and if we must use it, let's use it with kindness and consideration and tolerance."

"And one more thing; none of us would be here today if somebody hadn't taken time to explain things to us, to give us a little pat on the back, to take us to a meeting or two, to have done numerous little kind and thoughtful acts in our behalf. So let us never get the degree of smug complacency so that we're not willing to extend or attempt to, that help which has been so beneficial to us, to our less fortunate brothers. Thank you very much."

this was just about 4 months before our beloved Dr Bob passed on (sober)!!!
ccs

Postby ROBERT » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:32 am

Thanks cess that inspired me....i am vulnerable to smug complacency....i am going to print that...put it where i will see it....."THANK YOU"...........Robert
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 am

Thank you for posting this!

As I was reading it -- I thought it would make for a nice little note to carry around in my pocket -- to refect on it from time to time.

I have a great since of gratitude come over me when I read it. Reminding me that the simplicity and kindness are keys to good living.
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:24 am

Cess i printed it and decided to attach it to my visor,i'm in my truck alot.....thanks again........Robert
ROBERT

Postby ccs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 am

Please Robert NO reading & driving :lol: :lol: :lol:
ccs

Postby ROBERT » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:33 am

ha ha ha........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROBERT

Return to A. A. History