- Expectations

Expectations

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Postby ROBERT » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 am

"WE WILL NOT REGRET THE PAST..."----"NO MATTER HOW FAR DOWN THE SCALE WE HAVE GONE..." THANKS D
ROBERT

Postby Jools » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:34 pm

First of all, Sunlight, my heart goes out to you because you lost your job. That's a big deal, especially for someone who tried so hard to make things right and to do right. You SO inspire me girl. I can tell, from what you've shared, that you truly work this program in you life. I know when I come across someone who walks the walk and not just talks the talk.

Second, did anyone else here see that Sunlight has lost her job?????? Perhaps you shared in private messages, I don't know. I just know that, if it were me, I'd need y'all now more than ever.

You hang in there girl, Gods gotcha!

Love you lots,
Julie
Jools

Postby Tim » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Sunlight--It is difficult to lose a job. I'm sorry to hear that you lost yours. I hope that a better job for you is right around the corner. Take care and hang in there.
Tim

Postby sunlight » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 pm

Thank you for your kind words.
I would appreciate any & all advice & experience from those who have been in similar situations, or who have helped those who have been there.

Believe me, I KNOW God has something planned for me. The "waiting is the hardest part"!
This is a girl thing, but I even have a picture on my wall of the cute shoes that I want to buy when I get my new job. :wink: Two pairs!

Meanwhile, I have been giving things away, to make room for the new, & have been "pitching drunks" (as my friend likes to say) meaning, carrying the message to newcomers. And of course, spending much time in communion with our loving Higher Power Who helps keep me sober today.

The things that I have learned from this site have done so much to help me. Thank you.
sunlight

Postby ROBERT » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:54 am

it seems that my magnificent magnifying mind tends to conger up the worst case senerio in these types of situations--in part because in my useing days mostly negative things DID happen--so out of habit my mind goes there on auto pilot so to speak--in sobriety though i find the mind is usually wrong in predicting the outcomes.If i stay vigilant,do whats in front of me,use the program..live the program,things ALWAYS work out,way better than i imagined.....hang in there
ROBERT

Previous

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics