- Another TIM ??????

Another TIM ??????

Share your sobriety jokes and humor here

Another TIM ??????

Postby tim-one » Sun May 10, 2009 8:12 am

Hey, y'all. Can't help but share this. Kinda long story. Sorry.

I checked into rehab 1-6-09. Tim the alcoholic.

Next day, another Tim checked in. Cool! We decided to call ourselves Tim-one and Tim-two. The joke was, "I'm the original Tim. He's just a copy-cat offender."

Day 3 - Another Tim checks in. Wow! Three Tims in one place! How often does that happen? Tim-three. "Must be sumthin about Irish Catholics."

Day 4 - ANOTHER TIME CHECKS IN. Tim-four. Ok, we're freakin' a bit. Out of about 50 inmates, 1 John, 1 Tom, no Joes, 2 Steves, ... all the most common names. FOUR TIMS!

I started introducing myself as "I'm Tim. I'm an alcoholic apparently because my name IS Tim."

A counselor came to us and said, "You can't use the names One, Two, Three, and Four. We don't know who's who checking you off the meeting list. What are your last initials?"

"S". "S". "S". "W".

"Hell ... just use your numbers."

We started messing with the newbies introducing ourselve one after another.

"Is everybody here named Tim?"

"Yeah. We're anonymous here. You're Tim-fiftytwo now."

After 3 weeks, I earned a few hours in the real world. Stipulation - go to one outside meeting. Facilitator askes, "Is anyone visiting this meeting for the first time?"

Out of 22 people, 2 hands. Me first, "Hi, I'm Tim." Second guy, "Hi I'M Tim."

I'm totally frign creeped out now! Impossible.

I join a home group. Another Tim there.

Going over this story, I asked how many Tims people know and how often they run into a Tim.

Somebody said, "Hardly any. They're all in rehab."

"Alcoholic father named you TIM? You were screwed from birth, dude!"

"When you forgot your name, did you ask another drunk?"

"A Tim by any other name smells like beer."

"Do y'all have a special group now? TA?"

Anyway ... I thought Tim might want to know I'm not trying to usurp his tenure here using "tim-one" as my handle. It started a long time ago.

Nice to meet you, Tim. You MUST be a really nice guy and perty dam good lookin', huh?

Love y'all,
Tim-one
tim-one

Postby tim-one » Sun May 10, 2009 8:38 am

PS: WARNING! Tim-four may show up here soon.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

:-)

tim-one
tim-one

Postby DebbieV » Sun May 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Hey Tim-One.

Great Story. :lol: Thanks for sharing.... :D

I look forward to seeing Tim-four on here, and not afraid at all. 8)

Thanks for posting.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby tim-one » Sun May 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks, Debbie.

I'm really diggin' this sober thing. It's good to be alive .... again.

Love,
Tim-one

PS: Humor comes from the Latin humare meaning wet. If you're laughing, you're all wet. But you don't need a dry chip. :wink:
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Mon May 11, 2009 1:35 am

Thanks for sharing Tim! Nice to have you aboard!

Well... I guess if science does someday come up with a cure for alcoholism... we're going to have a Tremendous number of Troubled Tims! :lol:

Have you ever thought about how terrible it would be: to be an alcoholic... a cured alcoholic at that... and never had the opportunity to drink?

Imagine that!!! :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Mon May 11, 2009 8:55 am

HAHAhahahaha ...

Thanks, Dallas. We were talking about the PILL last night.

It was agreed that a real alcoholic would take it so he could drink some more. OR drink so he could take it some more.

OR ... "If one works, 10 ought to do it better."

We imagined that the bottle would probably have a warning label like, "Do not take with alcohol." Riiiiiiight.

By the way ... last night was the first night of a really great 12 setp study. Excellent!

16 guys showed up and, you guessed it ... TWO TIMS ! :roll: No other duplicate names.

Love,
Tim-one
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Mon May 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Tim, sounds like you guys are having so much of a good time down there -- maybe I should drive down and visit!!! Isn't there a TV show called "Rehab Party" at the Hard Rock Cafe & Hotel in Las Vegas??? :lol: :lol:

I watched the show one day... thinking it might have something to do with "rehab" as I understand it -- it wasn't that at all!!! It was a total drinking party!

"Hey bartender! Give me something to rehab me! this sobriety is killing me!!!" :lol: :lol:

I'll be in Las Vegas next week. Think I should check it out??? :lol: :lol:

Naw... I'll probably check to see if Bob D. is in town and try to catch a meeting or two with him!

Nice to have you on board, Tim. Cheerfulness, Laughter and Humor helps! If newcomers can't see that we laugh and have fun -- who would want what we have?

When I was about 60 days sober I went to a big AA Convention in the San Fernando Valley (Studio City) California. A few thousand alkies were there laughing, carrying on, dancing, and having a great time! And... they were (to my surprize) SOBER!!!! Before I went to that AA convention -- I didn't think people like me could even smile without a few drinks! That convention showed me that sobriety might be a good thing -- if I could just figure out "what are those AA's on that's making them happy?"

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Tue May 12, 2009 7:30 am

HAHAHahahahaha.... You betcha, Dallas!

I was rehabbed from sobriety for half my life. Being a two-time "winner", I guess I was re-rehabbed and now I'm re-re-rehabbed.

The dictionary says sober means, grave, serious, not given to frivolity.

Apparently drunks used to be ungodly happy people and just had to STOP THAT.

I was perty dam sober drinkin. I'm having a BALL now ! :D

My HP laughs a lot. We have a belly-rollin time together laughing at me ... now. I'll fill y'all in on some of our jokes later.

Love,
Tim-one
Thank GOD I'm an alcoholic !
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Tue May 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Tim-One wrote:The dictionary says sober means, grave, serious, not given to frivolity.

Apparently drunks used to be ungodly happy people and just had to STOP THAT.

I understand! :lol:

I was mean, grave, serious, not given to frivolity, and given to frivolity, restless, irritable and discontented -- sober. That was one of the big reasons that "I had to drink" -- I couldn't stand being sober -- it was killing me.

Then, I discovered the 12 Steps of AA, took them... and everything changed. I discovered sobriety (I'll let you look up the definition for sobriety... it's not the same as the one for sober)!

After I took the 12 Steps, and as long as I keep "took-ing" them, I'm a pretty happer camper while sober!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Wed May 13, 2009 7:53 am

Yep.

It occurred to me that the setps say nothing about stopping drinking or staying stopped. Not a word. We just admit that's what we do.

It's all about changing your mind, heart, and spirit. Stuff we shoulda been doing the whole time anyway ... God conscious humility, self-examination, helping others (faith, hope, and charity, if you will).

Sobriety is our reason. This program is the best "self-help", "Positive Mental Attitude" scheme I've found. It would work for ANY life improvement reason.

I love it for making me a better man ...the man God intended me to be in the first place ... a sober one.

Oh, brother ... nuthin like the truth in humor to make things serious. :-)

Love y'all,
Tim-one.
tim-one

Next

Return to Sobriety Jokes and Humor