- Y'ALL have a normie friend

Y'ALL have a normie friend

Share your sobriety jokes and humor here

Y'ALL have a normie friend

Postby tim-one » Tue May 12, 2009 8:31 am

Y'all have a normie friend and advocate.

My wife.

I did a favor for a young guy in my home group ... fixed his car. Messing with my karma, he insisted on paying me. "No, no, hell no. I just helped onaccounta I love you, bro."

So he gave be a box with a few donuts in it. I reckognized the box from the morning meeting. (bless his heart)

My wife saw it later and asked where they came from.

I told her the story and said, "Don't eat them. They've been touched by, Eeeww, drunks and addicts." (shivering my shoulders)

She spun around and started poking me in the chest with her finger, "Those are fine(ow) decent(ow) people(ow)! You(ow) give them the respect(ow) they deserve(ow), BUSTER !" (AAOOWW!)

Had 6 blue dots on my chest for a few days. The black and yellow one was BUSTER.

Really, I just didn't want her to eat them before I did.

I just love that girl. Best sponsor I ever had. :wink:

Love,
Tim-one
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Tue May 12, 2009 7:16 pm

:lol: :lol:

I understand.

My Ala-dog is my live-in sponsor at large and she keeps me in shape between sponsor talks! She's been the best sobriety companion I've ever had. From the time she was an Ala-pup she learned about the Steps and 12th Stepping alkies... and the necessity of me going to meetings. :wink:

When I get on my knees to pray for the 11th Step, she lays down underneath my chest and I can feel her heart-beat against mine. For me, she's an angel sent from God, belongs to God, and I just get to take care of her for Him. Yep. She knows how to bark and whine and nag at me to get me to do what she thinks is my "next right action." :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Wed May 13, 2009 7:39 am

:)

Wow. I hadn't thunk about that. You're right.

Buddy seems to know what I'm thinking and constantly reminds me that I'm responsible for others around me. "Let me out." "Let me in." "feed me." "I need some attention." "C'mon, hu-man! You need some play time."

When I'm too deep in self-pity, he lays his head on my lap and stares up at me with those eyes like, "I'm giving you an oportunity to get out of your OWN head. Care for me instead."

Good thinkin, Dallas. Thanks!

Love,
Tim-one
tim-one

Postby DebbieV » Wed May 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks for sharing you guys.

I have had my Ala-pup for about a little over a month now. I read on here from Paul that Rotts were very sensitive dogs, like us drunks… boy that was an understatement. I am learning form my little God given pup how to be nice. I use to think I was a nice person…. Until I tell Bella to stop doing something in a not so nice voice and she puts her ears down as if to say “I’m sorry mom, don’t yell at me all I want to do is make you happyâ€
DebbieV

Postby tim-one » Wed May 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Ain't it a wonderful thing to notice stuff like that?

Love's been there all the time. Too wrapped up in my selfish little mind to notice. Too wrapped up in my self-pity to give it.

AA's kinda like a room full of dogs ... unconditional love. I haven't been able to freak anybody out with my stories yet ... like my dog, Buddy.

And GOD! He just loves me, that's all. Loves me way too much. Go figure.

:-)

Love,
Tim-one
tim-one

Return to Sobriety Jokes and Humor