- Most Simple and To The Point Prayer I've Heard...

Most Simple and To The Point Prayer I've Heard...

Step 11: Prayer & Meditation

Postby Position3DAT » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:48 pm

This prayer coupled with the serenity prayer have helped me out so much the last couple of days. Thanks... And may God bless you BIG TIME!
Position3DAT

Postby Dallas » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks for your feedback, Justin.

I guess everybody thinks I'm joking about it working. It really does work -- Big Time! :wink:

I think it also has to do with the Law of Attraction, too. Keeps my head, my thoughts and attitude pointed in the direction of an abundance of good.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Danni » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:14 pm

Until now I had not tried this one.
I'm doing it now GOD BLESS ME BIG TIME! :lol:

GOD BLESS EVERYONE ELSE BIG TIME TOO! :lol:

Love & hugs.

Danni
Danni

Postby Jools » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Page 13 of the BB came to mind when I read this............

I was to test my thinking by the new God-consciousness within. Common sense would thus become uncommon sense. I was to sit quietly when in doubt, asking only for direction and strength to meet my problems as He would have me. Never was I to pray for myself, except as my requests bore on my usefulness to others. Then only might I expect to receive. But that would be in great measure.

When I pray I think about this and check my motives.

Blessings to you all,
Julie
Jools

Postby Dallas » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks Julie,
When I was new, that way of praying was pointed out to me.

Never was I to pray for myself, except as my requests bore on my usefulness to others.

I was told that meant I was asking for God's direction on "how can I be of service to them and do something for the other person?" ... rather than asking God to do something for them. I was told that it was my job to be of maxium service to them -- and for God to direct me in how I could do it. Instead of asking God to do it. God already knows what they need -- He's interested in willing feet and hands to reach out and do the work.

Thanks for pointing out the page! Each time I read Bill's story, I always get some new info that can help me in my daily adventures.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jools » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:40 am

Thanx for sharing, Dallas.

Actually, a couple more prayers point me away from self seeking prayer.

3rd Step Prayer on page 63

“God, I offer myself to Thee – to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always!â€
Jools

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:50 am

Julie wrote:Hence the reason I'm reluctant to say to God "Bless me big time", because then I make the prayer about MY will instead of HIS will..which is what I seek today.

Thanks Julie! I understand! :wink:

For me... when I first looked at "God, Bless me big time!"...
it put a smile on my face and a nice feeling in my heart, by helping me to remember to perceive God as a kind, loving, sharing, caring, close-to-me, God, that really wants to be active in my life, and to share good-ness with me.

When I pray : "God, Bless me big time!" it makes me feel good, not-too-serious about stuff, and hopeful. It makes me want to share all that I have and have been given -- with others. With the realization, that what I have and have been given has been given for the reason of sharing it with others.

It also reminds me that God is an abundant God. Has no limits other than the limits that I place on Him, through my willingness, permission and participation.

And, it reminds me that God is Good and desires to share the Good Life with me.

So, that little prayer means much more than just "give me, give me, give me!" :lol:

I used to think that God didn't like me.... and, that often God actually hated me... and spent a lot of time keeping tabs on me to punish me and cause me pain and suffering, and giving me problems and then call that "love" -- because God is God and can do anything God wants to do!

That's what it used to mean to me, when I heard "God loves you!"

And... it's what it came to mean to me... when someone else said to me, "I love you." It meant they wanted to beat the heck out of me, break my heart, lie, cheat, steal and cause me pain, punishment and suffering.

And... if I heard something like "God loves you and I love you, too!" It meant I was dealing with a double-dose of hell, fire and damnation! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Because of God's grace, mercy, love, and AA, the 12 Steps, and many many other people like the people here in the forum -- and you, too -- I've learned that God is Love. God is a Loving God. And, that Love is Good and Love is God. And, that "bless me" didn't mean... bite me, chew me, spit me out when you're through with me! :lol: :lol:

I used to get way too serious about Life and everything in life including myself. I didn't know how to relaxe and take it easy. I had forgotten how to laugh and joke and to feel and to cry.

Life is Good for me, and it's the best life I ever had -- because God does "Bless me big time!" And, that prayer works for me... when, and even when I don't work it! :lol: God and life are always being good to me. When I'm perceiving what I have as a problem... and a misery... I'm having something to do with creating it -- and I've been given the tools and the Power to change it! :lol:

Whenever it seems to me that God isn't blessing me big time... I can take a look to discover why and what I can do about it! :wink:

I know that God's will for me -- is to be happy, joyous, free, sober, helping others, and doing the best that I can do -- to be and do the best that I can for any situation or circumstance. And, that's all that I know about my God's will for me.

Thanks for the reminder! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Wed May 20, 2009 9:17 am

I love short, simple, to-the-point prayers. I use a couple often.

"God ... HELP!"
He knows what to do. I may not have time to think it over. Best I don't anyway.

"God ... care."
I have a habit of placing my hand on peoples shoulders as I walk by smiling. That little prayer is under my hand.

Warning: Preaching ahead. Read or don't:

I hope no one is offended by a specific reference to my HP as I understand Him. Please forgive me. Can't help it sometimes.

RELAX. Don't panic.

We SHOULD pray for ourselves. It's the attitude that's important.

Jesus prayed for His self. Something like, "Father, I'm afraid. I can't bear this! PLEASE let this cup pass from me !!! Nevertheless, Father, not My will, but Thine be done." (Paraphrased assuming sweating blood implies desparation and it went on all night.)

"Bless me big time!" leaves the definition of a blessing up to HP. Shoot ... if it works for ya, don't fix what ain't broke.

The Lord's prayer asks things for "US" in which "I" am included ... praying for me. It still leaves things like "daily bread", "temptation", "evil" under the scope of "Thy will be done". He decides what they are.

To MY understanding, I should pray for specific things for myself that can be used to help others as long as I put HIS will above mine.

I pray, "Well, Father, that's my idea, anyway. What do YOU think? Please do THAT! I can't wait to see how You work this out! It's always mo' bettah! I'm always amazed!"

Right now, I'm trying NOT to think what I think best. That's what got me in rehab. I pray ONLY for HP's will even if I throw in some ideas I think might coincide with what HE wants.

Sometimes I actually HAVE a good idea. I feel like it convinces ME that I'm making progress "intuitively knowing how to handle situations that used to baffle" me. (BB promise pg. 84) But I run it by HP to let me know how I'm doing.

Relax. It's ok to pray specifics as we practice changing what we want and expect. WHAT I pray for has changed dramatically.

But that's just what I think. And I ain't no saint, fer shur. Y'all just have your own relationship with HP. It's your program.

Love,
Tim-one
tim-one

Previous

Return to Sobriety Prayers