- Heard at a meeting

Heard at a meeting




Sobriety quotes and sayings heard in Meetings

Heard at a meeting

Postby Tim » Mon May 25, 2009 12:15 am

"95% of the time I'm ok with who I am and the other 5% of the time I'm ok that I'm not ok with who I am. It's all ok."
Tim
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:34 am

Postby tim-one » Mon May 25, 2009 7:36 am

Okie dokie, Tim. That's good news! 'Sall good! And I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the perspective. Freedom is good, ain't it?!

Love,
Tim-one
tim-one
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:54 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Jools » Mon May 25, 2009 8:27 am

Thanx for sharing this, Tim. Like ole popeye said, "I yam what I yam" :wink:

Hope you're having a great day!

Julie
Jools
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:50 am
Location: Wilmington NC

Postby Dallas » Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Two percent of the time I'm thinking about "who I am"
One percent of the time I'm thinking about "who I'm not"
Ninety-seven percent of the time... I'm trying to obtain the
"wisdom to know the difference". :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas USA

Postby tim-one » Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 pm

HHhhhmmmmmm ...

Wait ... Who's on first?

Shoot. Who I am is remembering who I was so I can become who I will be.

I guess today I'll just be who I am and let the other two duke it out.

Ugh ... Keep it stupid, simple. Who I am is an alcoholic saved by grace.

Don't confuse me. Too late.
:roll:

Love,
Tim-one
tim-one
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:54 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Jools » Wed May 27, 2009 10:27 am

Shoot. Who I am is remembering who I was so I can become who I will be.


LOVE this!
Jools
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:50 am
Location: Wilmington NC

Postby Booger » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Heard one in a meeting while on vacation that was new to me. Didn't catch all of it. Wonder if anybody else has heard it and can complete it for me.

It was a boiled down restatement of the first three steps that went something like this:

Step 1. You're screwed.
Step 2. Maybe not.
Step 3. This is what I can't remember exactly -- something like, "There's help."

Sound familiar?
Booger
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:35 am

Postby gunner48 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:50 am

1. Don't be surprised if you see me drunk tomorrow
Be amazed if you see me Sober.

2. Don't ask me to pray for you
Pray for yourself, God loves to hear strange voices.

Heard at Tuesday night meeting
gunner48
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: Texarkana Texas

Re: Heard at a meeting

Postby zkinsaul » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Tim wrote:"95% of the time I'm ok with who I am and the other 5% of the time I'm ok that I'm not ok with who I am. It's all ok."


One I heard not long ago......"The power behind me is greater than any problem in front of me"
zkinsaul
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:52 am

Postby Sermon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:45 am

1.) Today I get to be a member of society, rather than a menace
Sermon
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:48 am
Location: Texas

Next

Return to Quotes and sayings - heard in meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests









.








12 Step Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery | - Heard at a meeting