- Legitimate reasons for my faith and reliance upon God

Legitimate reasons for my faith and reliance upon God

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Legitimate reasons for my faith and reliance upon God

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:51 pm

I have so many legitimate reasons for my faith and reliance upon God

I didn't get to sleep until late this morning -- so I waited until the afternoon to wake up. :lol:

I was working on my house -- trying to fix problems that might have an effect on my eye problems. After I woke up -- my eye problems were worse. Kind of reminds me of "the way it was" when I was trying to fix my drinking problem... the more I tried... the worse it got. However, since God provided me with A.A. and helped me to get sober and stay sober, which to me, was a solution that worked... I have faith that in God's time, He will help me find the solution to my eye problem. It will either get fixed... or it will be something that I must accept. Right now, I'm waiting for the wisdom to know the difference.... Accept it or continue to work on it. So, until the wisdom is granted to know the difference... I'll continue to pray for the knowledge of His will for me and try to graciously and humbly wait for the answer. The answer will come -- if my house is in order. Well... that's why I keep working on the house!!! :-)

It's nice to know -- that relying upon God, is not as stupid as it would look to someone like I used to be... when I relied only upon myself.

Isn't it just totally awesome that not only can we trust and rely upon a loving God... but we have so many legitimate reasons for our faith and reliance upon Him? He's been there with us and for us -- even before the foundation of the earth and the Universe.

You know that I'm not a religious kind of guy and probably the most un-spiritual of all His kids, but there is a little verse in another book that goes something like this, and it just totally amazes me: "I knew you when you were just dust particles on the ground."

And, another part that goes something like this: "... For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."

How much better can it get than that? He knows the plans that He has for us. That means He has a plan for us!!! And, His plans are to prosper us... and not to harm us... and to give us hope and a future!!!"

When I think about that -- it makes me feel like a little kid -- sitting here bubbling up all inside me -- KNOWING -- that Christ-mas is a real deal!!! :lol:

So, I'll try to wait and have patience... and hopefully, the right answer will come, when it's time for me to know.

What's strange for me is this: When I first started on the A.A. path to recovery... I could only think that... If there was a God... I thought of the many legitimate reasons that God would not want to have anything to do with me!!! I thank God, that I learned that I'm not-God, so therefore I wouldn't know what God would be like if I did know Him! And, now that I feel as though I know Him... I have so many legitimate reasons to have faith and reliance upon Him.

He has been with me and seen me through to the other side of many BIG problems... and little ones, too!

Today, thanks to many of you... and without you I wouldn't have it... I have a conscious contact with a Loving God... that surpasses my ability to understand Him!

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:49 am

its been awhile since I`ve read this one and I needed to read it today

I just wanted to thank the man who posted it here for us all !

THANKS DALLAS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:
ccs

Postby Dallas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:48 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you Cessie!

I appreciate you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jools » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:10 pm

Its a great post.

What's wrong with your eyes, Dallas?
Jools

Postby tim-one » Wed May 27, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks, Dallas. Good intro/circum spection. Even if your eyes don't work right, you're looking in and around with eyes of faith and seeing quite clearly.

I've always thought of praying, not as trying to talk God into doing what I want, but as convincing myself that He already has it under control. Prayer is more for the pray-er and listeners than it is for God to know what's going on.

Thanks for opening the Big big book for me. I get stifled around AAers trying not to be too specific. Even when I hated God and tried to become agnostic, I used the life "user manual" just for the practical philosophy. Having made up, there's now power in the philosophy.

Just after describing our need for clothing, food, shelter, etc. :

"for your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.
BUT seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things will be added to you."

Related to "one day at a time":
"Therefore, take no thought for tomorrow: tomorrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof."

Waiting for God is a biggy. Tough. The whole world and the people who are after me on a deadline makes me panic and wonder if God knows that MY time is running out.

"Like a father pities his children, so the Lord pities them that fear Him. For He remembers our frame; He remembers that we are dust. As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he lives. For the wind passes over it, and it is gone; and the field will know it no more."

One of my fav's:

"And God remembered the shortness of man's days and helped him in due time.

The AA saying that came from that:
"Don't stop 5 minutes before the miracle happens" Sound familiar?

Too long, you can look up Ps. 78:35-42

And, of course, one of the most well known:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them who love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.

Helps ME anyway! I've came to believe.

Above my computer is my step 3 & 11:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

Love,
Tim-one
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Wed May 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks for sharing! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity